Chapter 15 - What Color Do You Bleed?

Starts in Nick's POV and then switches to Carny's. For the sake of flow of the story I'm not going to mark when this happens it should be pretty obvious. Hope you enjoy this one!

Leon was lying on the ground while Raven, cut the air with his sword to get the blood off the blade before he turned around to look at Nick who was picking himself up off of the ground. His hand went to the plasma gun that he'd found in the weapon shack though he had no illusions about being able to shoot Raven before he cut him down should the masked demon decide to do it. Raven started walking toward Nick who was already backed up against the metal wall of the weapon shack and had nowhere to go. There was a clicking sound and Nick could hear a very high pitched whining sound letting him know that he'd just turned on his vibration blade. He's meaning to get this over with as painless as he can, Nick thought pulling the hand gun out only to have Raven take one quick swipe with his sword cutting the gun in half.

"Don't fight me Nick." He said drawing ever closer with the tip of his sword pointing toward Nick giving him a good look at the barely visible movement that traveled down the blade. "I can't promise a painless death if you try to fight. For both our sakes, just don't move."

"Aren't you going to at least tell me why you're doing this?" Nick asked as the blade's dull side grazed his chin drawing blood just because of the vibration alone. "Think you could grant me that last request at least?"

Raven gave Nick a strange look as if he himself didn't fully know why he was doing this before he closed his eyes and turned his head away for the briefest of moments. When he opened his eyes again they were bright gold and even with half of his face covered by that mask Nick could see that Raven had shut off whatever emotional conflict he was feeling as he took his sword in both hands and brought it back. "Because you know Vega's secrets, the projects and programs that can never be spoken of. My employer cannot have you alive and telling the world about them. I'm sorry-"

"Don't be." Nick said just as Leon grabbed the demon by the shoulders and literally tossed him like a ragdoll across the camp. Nick stopped watching where Raven was going almost as soon as Leon threw him and ran to check on his adopted brother who'd collapsed after he'd tossed the other demon. "Leon, are you-"

Nick didn't bother asking when he saw where the exit wound was on Leon's back and he scrambled for his bag. Leon had just been stabbed right through his heart, a wound that would've killed any other demon but for some reason that even Nick didn't know Leon could take a wound like that and still live so long as his brain remained intact. But even though he was alive Leon's strength would be less than that of a teenaged human, throwing Raven like that must've taken everything he had and left him with nothing else to even stand. Leon was puking out blood and from what Nick could see there was still a large amount of blood leaking from the wound in his chest, he had to be sealed up now.

Nick reached into his bag and pulled out the only thing he had that would create any kind of heat. A very small yet powerful blow torch that he used when he had to cut through metal or weld something together. He twisted the top off and sparked the flame before he leaned over Leon and lifting his brother's shirt up past the wound. He nearly threw up at the sight of Leon's body trying to push something that looked like muscle out of the wound so Nick did the only thing he could. He prayed that Leon wouldn't lash out and stuck his finger in the wound to push the muscle back in. Leon let out a scream of agony that ended in a terrifying gurgle as another wad of blood fell from his mouth. Nick pulled his bloody finger out and pinched the wound as close to closed as he could before he recoiled from it and set the torch to it.

The loud hissing sound that came from that sent shivers down Nick's back as and Leon threw a punch at the ground that ended with his fist buried up to his wrist in the ground. Once Nick had closed the wound he turned Leon over and did the same to his throat first after seeing that it had been slashed open so badly it was a miracle that he even had a head. Leon tried throwing Nick off at that point but Nick persisted as much as he could with the fire, succeeding in closing half of the wound before he was taken off his feet by a bright blue flash and slammed into the wall of the weapon shack. The entire building shook at the impact and Nick was grasping at the hand that was gripping his throat while the torch and Leon lay maybe a good three feet away.