(47) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 47

Jamie’s POV

We spent the rest of the day at the lake and then headed back to my house. We were all hungry and tired so when my mom informed us that she made lasagna we were all really happy.

"What did you guys do today?" she asked as we all dished up and made our way to the living room.

"Not much, we just hung out and swam for a bit," Emma replied, sounding much more like her old self.

"Oh, that's nice," my mom replied, still sounding a bit confused, probably because we were all hanging out together again. I guess she didn't expect it and I suppose she is still in shock from Aiden and my confession.

"Yeah, it was fun," I stated honestly as I sat down on the couch and Aiden handed me my plate. He sat down next to me, his leg brushing mine and managing to cause my body to react instantly. I love the way he always stays so close to me but it felt kind of strange being so open about our relationship in front of everybody. I really like it though, not having to hide my feelings for him.

Liam found something on the TV to watch and my parents joined us until we were all done eating at which point they headed to the kitchen, my mom insisting on doing the dishes and that we shouldn't worry.

"Why did you have to choose this?" Emma complained as a woman on TV screamed, causing all of us to laugh. I was really enjoying myself even if I couldn't watch the movie. It was great to have both Liam and Emma back and when Aiden took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him I couldn't help but smile.

I just sat there like that, holding on to Aiden's hand until the movie had finished.

"Is it okay if I stay over tonight?" Liam asked and for a second I didn't know what to say.

"I'll sleep in the guest room of course," he continued before I could answer.

"Yeah, you know you are always welcome," I answered without hesitation this time. Liam is still my best friend and having him here is good for Emma.

"Let's go to bed," Aiden whispered into my ear, his words causing my stomach to twist.

"Sounds good to me," I replied as Aiden got up beside me and pulled me to my feet.

"We're going to turn in," he said to Liam and Emma as he started leading me to the stairs, never leaving my hand.

"Cool, we're going to watch another movie," Liam replied and I was completely fine with that. He's had a thing for Emma for a long time and maybe they can finally see if something can come of it.

"Yeah, you too have fun now!" Emma called after us and I felt myself blushing as Aiden chuckled and Liam complained.

I took a quick shower and then waited on my bed while Aiden did the same.  It wasn’t long before he joined me, the idea of having him in my bed with me still causing my emotions and my body to go into overdrive.

"Jamie," Aiden whispered and I could feel him move beside me, probably propping himself up on his elbow so that he could see me since I was lying on my back. I wish I could see him too. I wish I could look into his eyes and see the expression on his face.

"Yeah," I replied, loving the way my name sounded on his lips.

"Now that Liam knows about us, do you want to come out at school or just keep it quiet for now?" he asked.