Adelicia

• Dedicated to All my Family and Friends

The clouds moved slowly above me in the deep purple sky, the suns blinding hot rays cracked through the trees. The ground shuddered as the vegetation moved towards the sun. The heat touched my bare arms, only the gift of a rare gentle breeze to keep the heat away. 

 My steps came fast as I rushed across the cobbled floor into the stable where my horse wait for me, her silk black coat shining in the sun light and the blue in her rare eyes so beautiful, so full of kindness I let the tears fall from my eyes as I collapsed down into her neck. Pulling back from my embrace, my fingers trailed lightly across the side of her strong neck, down her smooth back lapping up the warmth in her black fur, I rest my head gently against hers and close my eyes for a brief moment. I take a deep breath listening to her steady heart beat, fear pulsed through me.

My horses name is Amelia, she like me is fast, strong and most of all confident we in many way are alike, I have black hair to and electric blue eyes much like hers . Amelia is my pride and joy, we go everywhere together and no one can take her away from me.

 She nudged slightly and my head shot off hers my eyes flying open in shock, I smiled as her eyes looked deep into mine. Quickly I saddled her up and rip the dress I wear shorter so I could jump onto her back; pulling my black hair back I took a deep breath the gentle breeze cool on my uncovered arms.

I listened to her rhythmic gallop; my grip firm on the reins as we entered the forest, the trees speed by me in a soft blur of greens blues and reds the wind getting stronger in my face. I wish that this feeling of true happiness would never leave me, throwing my head back as the wind whistled past my ears I let out a quiet giggle. No one can catch me, whatever’s in those shadows will never catch me.  My life was perfect, I had everything.

My name is Princess Adelicia Royal, I lived up in the castle where the clouds never darkened neither the sky, and I never felt the coldness or the fear of stormy night. The strong brick castle walls surrounded me; men risked their lives for the Royals. I know only now that I didn’t deserve their kindness. I didn’t deserve their lives.  I ran away when they needed me, for once I should have risked my life for them but I ran away like a wimp.

Amelia and me was thrown to a sudden stop, swinging my legs off I landed with a quiet thud, the world around me came to a stop, the breeze stopped. All was silent other then the sound of my speeding heart beat in my head. Screams began to arise all around me. The screams engulfed me!