Chapter 1

~ * ~ * ~

I.

         Where do I begin?

         Before I start, I want to tell you that my story is beyond extraordinary. 

        A miracle -- as what I call it. I am born in a family with supernatural abilities, for instance, my mother has a very intelligent mind and as for my father, he has super strength.

         I was born with the ability to read minds -- and not only that, I had other supernatural abilities, which I think I lost them all. . But I lost it all, due to an accident in New York City -- I was a car crash victim

        A curse -- that's what I call it now. I feel like I am below average. The one who was beyond extraordinary deteriorated into someone who couldn't remember her past, someone who's got the puzzle pieces of her life scattered.

        Every night my head aches to a point that I would bang my head on walls or hide under my pillow as I pull out the strands of my hair.  

          It sucks you know? I don't have an idea where to begin because there are no remnants, and if there are... I have to look for them, yet. Before, whenever I have problems, I'd usually wish I'll forget my memories, or if not all, maybe just some parts. I never thought being alive like this -- totally having no memories of the past -- hurts. I recon it's because I don't have a clue, I'm as lost as an ant who wanders. I bet ants are even luckier, they have their troops with them. What makes it harder is I don't know where my family is. Another problem is, I'm not sure I would recognize them if ever I would have all the chances in the world to bump into them. 

       The pain torments me, no, it's not the pain that is caused by memory loss-- it's that pain when you can't remember who you are, where you're from, what your purpose is. It's the pain of looking so strong even though you're really scared inside.

       I'm as scared as a little kid who's hearing thunder sounds. I don't belong here, I feel a need of trying to belong to some family I don't even belong to. It hurts... to see them becoming so close to you and realizing you're still so out of place.

        It's a struggle I can never get through. 

       And it all started that one tragic night in New York, when I saw the light of the cars flashing before my eyes.

 .

.

.

.

      "Cassidy? Oh Cassidy! You're awake now!" I look to my left; a young lady in her mid 30's calls my attention. "From now on we will take care of you." I touch the fabric of the make-shift bed that I was lying on and start looking around. "You got into a car accident one week ago, we never thought you would survive. Thank God you did!"

      "Who are you? Where am I?" I ask, feeling a sudden gush of nostalgia. I was afraid to ask the next question, but I must. "...who am I?"

      Starting from that day onwards, the Johnson's, who 'claim' to know a little about my background, adopted me.

      What do I know about myself? I know that I am not really Cassidy. What my true name is, I have no idea. I was 'told' that I am Cassidy and that I am seventeen and that I am 'adopted' by them. Besides that, they never really bring up the topic about who my real parents are.

       I have no choice but to live with a new name, with a new identity, with a new family... and to live in a new city. But in my heart and in my dreams... I know that I was given another life because of a purpose.

      And this purpose is to look for them.

      For all of them who are just like me. 

      And for him.

      I strongly believe that when I find him, I'll know everything else. 

     I have dreams about him, about our interactions, but in my dreams his face is always a blur. There are momentary glimpses where I'd see his face, but when I wake up or when I finally get back to my senses, I'd usually lose all the memory of his face.

     It's unfair, but a part of me feels like a part of my heart belongs to him. It's strange and a little supernatural... but I can also feel that he is the key to remembering everything from who I am to what my past is all about.

      Therefore my mission is to find him, and them --all of them out there.

      Even though I don't know how I'll get to them, how I'll find them, I believe there's something in my heart that would lead me there.

~ * ~ * ~