Chapter 27

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 27 (Gabriel POV)

There are moments when Chelsea goes above and beyond in surprising me, showing me that she isn't some weak little flower that would cower in a corner. She's intelligent, and when she speaks, no matter how infrequent in may be, I should listen. She doesn't hide how she feels, or her opinion on things.  As I took her hand walking away from her dance class I knew that Madeline wouldn't let this go.

There was something about the Colts, Ames, Maggie, Madeline, even the little one, Jayda, they couldn't let things go. They had to have the last fucking word, "our family, my father will never accept you," Madeline shouted, and Chelsea stopped walking, squeezing my hand. I couldn't tell if she was angry or hurt by the words at first, but she turned and faced Madeline who looked smug.

"Do you promise?" Chelsea asked sweetly, hopeful even, my eyes flashed to Jack who wore the biggest fucking grin, and flicked my eyes over to Madeline who no longer had that idiotic grin on her face. When Madeline hesitated for just a moment, the hopefulness in Chelsea's eyes dropped as well, she turned around and continued on our way out.

The entire ride home all I could think about was whether or not she should dance, until I finally came to the conclusion that she should. Not for one reason but two. When the car stopped and everyone got out I held Chelsea back, waiting for everyone to enter.

"If you're the better dancer you should do it..." I said softly, not to change her mind, but to show support if that was what she needed, "I did hear what you were saying that it's not something you're interested in, but I just think that, if there ever comes a time when the public knows about wolves, shifters... there should be many good, normal showings of us. Many would believe us to be monsters Chelsea, just like hunters do. Yet there is much more to us than that..." I said hoping she would actually do this; there was just something in my gut telling me that it would be good for us, for her.

I didn't read her mind, just waited, while she rested her head on my shoulder, my hand snaked under her shirt, my fingers ghosting up and down her lower spine. Waiting for what she had to say, which is nothing I ever expect. "Aren't you well known? Not as a wolf but person in general?" she questioned, "What do you do when you stop aging?" She pulled her head away to watch my face, her questions not really showing me which way she was leaning.

"Well... we buy a lot of land and we live there, or we could live on a boat... go sailing for a few years...my grandfather and great grandfather, moved to a large castle like villa in Italy..." I paused.

"Why don't you want to do it?" I asked hoping that I'd get more out of her than Baptiste and that human.

"Besides seeing or feeling no joy at that prospect? Well we only have like 10 people in our pack... security would be risky, I cannot put myself in that type of danger, or them."

"Well I think you should... in fact it could be what brings Leo out as well. I have a few favors I can call in and you would be protected, over protected," I say thinking of Wolf. "If you want to do this, then we will all support you. I'm sure you'll be 100% safe Chelsea, and it's only two nights... two performances, that's all." I said cupping her face, lowering my lips to hers, gently, just tasting her.

I pull away slight, "just sleep on it okay?"

She nods, stepping away from me, taking my hand and pulling me inside our home.

.

The next morning I woke up to Chelsea gone, probably out running or training, still exhausted I closed my eyes again, waking up the second time, with Chelsea in bed next to me, with a sketch pad and pencils. "Morning," I said, reaching up pulling her face to mine, morning breath be damned.