Chapter 10- One Hell of an Explanation

"Katarina, would you please stop running?" Rafe called after me.

"Just leave me alone!" My feet went faster, trying to carry me further away. I knew it was no use. He was an Alpha which made him faster than me, and it would take a lot longer for him to tire out.

With my lungs burning I finally gave up and whirled around to face him. My hand swinging forward to slap him across the face. Rafe's hand grabbed my wrist just shy of his cheek and sparks flared, coursing through my body.

"Katarina," Rafe said, his voice low like a warning. It sent a shiver through me, the sound of my name on his lips, the tone he had. It was hard to be mad when my body wasn't cooperating with me, but my resolve was going to hold. There was no way he could possibly get out of what I had just seen.

"Would you just listen to me for a moment?"

"Why? So you can feed me some lie about that bitch back there? She told me you were taken, I didn't believe her at first, I mean how could I? But then-"

"She was lying," he said still gripping my wrist tightly.

"How do I know that? You might be my mate but that doesn't mean that you can't lie. You can lie to me just as easily as any other person, just as easily as she could," I accused.

"Aphrodite means nothing to me."

"So you're with her, but she means nothing?"

Rafe sighed in exasperation. "I'm not with her, not anymore. I haven't been for a little while but we were at one time. She was set to be my Luna at one point."

My eyes bugged out of my head. That psycho was going to be his Luna? The pack's Luna?

"Well, she's still technically set to take the position next week," he said agitated, running a hand through his hair.

"What?!" I shouted. I heard birds fly away from the unexpected loud noise.

Rafe pinched the bridge of his nose. I yanked my hand out of his grasp like his touch physically burned me.

"I'm twenty-one, nearly twenty-two, Katarina. I took this pack over when I was seventeen, and they've been without a Luna for nearly five years. You said it yourself, we can't be as strong without a Luna. I hadn't found my mate, I hadn't found you, and a ritual was going to be in place to make Aphrodite the Luna to the pack.

"Aphrodite and her shewolves only crave power, but she was the most suitable to be deemed Luna. I already told you, she means nothing to me."

"I should just go," I whispered.

"What? That's crazy Katarina. That's nonesense."

"Why? I don't belong here, you already have a Luna in place. I don't have a place."

"That is a lie," Rafe's voice lowered as he stepped close. I backed up, running into a tree. Rafe grabbed both of my wrists sending that same tingling feeling through me. The heat in his gaze lighting me up, sending that fuzzy feeling deep in my belly.

"You have a place, and I know you feel it, just as I feel it. Every touch reaffirms that." He leaned into me, one of his hands moving from my wrist and slowly sliding up my shirt.

"You feel the connection and the desire," he said leaning in and whispering in my ear. His breath tickled my ear and I inhaled sharply.

"There is no reason for your jealousy about Aphrodite. She has no hold over me or over this pack. She was just someone set to fill a void, but there was no void left to fill when you showed up."

His hand slid up my side and he pressed hard against me, our bodies connecting in multiple places. I felt the aching deep in my core, a feeling only he could invoke in me.

I couldn't resist any longer, I grabbed Rafe and pulled him into me, our lips connecting in a bust of heat and flames. His hands rested on my hips as my fingers ran through his short dark hair.

All of my doubts and anger from earlier had melted away. All that mattered was Rafe; what his hands were doing, what his lips were doing, and what his body was doing.

I could smell the desire on him, laced with his scent just as I knew he could smell it on me. I braced my back against the tree and wrapped my legs around his waist, causing the shorts I had on to bunch up.

Rafe's hands slid up my thighs, slipping past the baggy fabric as he nipped lightly at my neck. I sighed and felt him grow harder against me. Suddenly the closeness we had wasn't enough. There were only a couple layers of fabric between us, but that was too much. I wanted nothing separating us. My desires burned within me, so much so that it ached. Only Rafe had the ability to satisfy the ache within me.

A small voice went off in the back of my head. Was I really going to do this right now? Was I really about to do it with Rafe in the woods? There were so many other ways this could happen, was the first time really going to happen like this?

No.

As much as I didn't want to, I pulled back, breathless.

"Well that was one hell of an explanation," I half laughed.

I felt the rumble of laughter as it vibrated through Rafe's body. He held me up with his hands tightly under my butt.

I cleared my throat. "Um so what are you going to do about this Aphrodite thing?" I asked.

"Well I'm obviously going to stop it. I couldn't possibly let her take the place and share the pack with me. Not when I've found you." He kissed my lips lightly.

Butterflies went off in my stomache with his words. I bit my lip to keep the stupid grin off my face.

"We should probably get back," I whispered as I stared into his deep eyes. It was like they were letting me peer into Rafe's soul and in that moment, I saw hope. Whether that hope was for him or for us, I wasn't entirely sure but it was enough to put me at ease.

****************

Here's your other update for today! I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think below.

Remember to vote, comment and fan! <3 you all!