Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It took a total of two minutes and forty seconds for Scarlett to realize that she was stuck.

                Her over confidence, led to Scarlett throwing her purse and high heels out the window first, before trying to crawl through the window, which she now realized was a little too small.

                She tried to stretch her arm and reach for her purse, which contained her phone, but Scarlett's arms were much too short. Wearing a dress, with half of her body outside the window and half of her body inside, it was a comical sight.

                "Help me!" Scarlett yelled for what seemed like the hundredth time. Her voice was starting to sound scratchy, like when one gets a sore throat.

                Scarlett was uncomfortable, that much was obvious. However, now she was also freezing, or at least her upper half was anyways. She groaned in defeat and frustration, banging her hands loudly on the window pane. Her palms were starting to hurt and were tinted red from her struggle.

                "This is what karma feels like, Scarlett." She muttered to herself.

                She continued banging her hands, until she heard footsteps approaching. Scarlett instantly stopped her attempts to escape and focussed on the footsteps of the person approaching. According to her, she had a fifty, fifty chance of making it out of here alive. The person approaching would either be her saviour, or a crazy, serial killer on a rampage.

                Despite being an atheist, she began silently praying to the Lord, or Almighty or the Great One, to spare her life. She closed her eyes, expecting the worst, and waited.

                "What exactly are you doing?" She heard a familiar voice.

                Scarlett instantly knew who the voice belonged to, and she did not want to open her eyes and see the strange expression on his face that would follow.

                Why him, she wondered. Out of all the people in this world, why must it be this one particularly annoying and rude individual that would (hopefully) come to her aid.

                "You going to open your eyes anytime soon, or are you sleeping?" He continued.

                Scarlett instantly opened her eyes after he finished talking and looked up to find the amused face of the nametag-less waiter, staring back at her.

                "Will you help me?" She asked, desperation clear in her voice.

                He crossed his arms, looked afar and hummed, pretending to think. "Would I help a woman, who argued with me for no good reason, and ruined my already bad mood? I think—

                "Please!" Scarlett yelled, cutting him off. She was cold, tired, hungry (she didn't finish her food) and frustrated enough, that she did not have the patience or energy to listen to the man's accusations.

                He frowned a bit. "Sure, I'll help you since you asked so nicely", he said, sarcasm dripping from each word.

                "Look mister," Scarlett began, "if you want to help me, then here's your chance. However if you don't, then get the hell out of my sight. I don't need another problem." She snapped.

                The man raised an eyebrow, seemingly unfazed by Scarlett's anger. "Okay." He said.

                Now it was Scarlett's turn to raise an eyebrow. "Okay? What do you mean, okay?"