Chapter Twenty-Three

Daniel stood next to the window, staring out of it, sipping his Scotch, when his phone rang. He pulled it out and pressed one of the buttons.

"Hello?"

"I have news, sir."

Daniel remained indifferent and said, "Is it good news or will you tell me that William's found another whöre and Anna's sulked some more."

Daniel's lips twitched for a second before his face went back to stone.

"It's good news, sir. Definitely good."

Daniel waited and the man at the other end paused for a moment.

"Well? Are you going to tell me or are you going to wait around like the idiot you are for someone to instruct you in what to do? Tell me!" Daniel shouted into the phone.

The man on the other line gulped and said, loud and clear, "William is taking Anna out on a date. They are on their way now."

"Oh," Suddenly, Daniel's face transformed into the most happiest man in the world. "Amazing! Now... everything is going on track, just as it should be."

"Uh, yes, sir."

"And? How are they? The others. Still well, I hope."

"The family is doing well, Mr. Winters. The boy's birthday is this Saturday, and the parents are planning him a birthday party."

"Right. Right. How old will the boy turn again? Four, right?"

"Five, sir. The boy will be five come this Saturday."

"Of course... five....Alright, you may go now. Continue giving me useful updates, John." (AN: His name was Peter, but I changed it to John for future purposes.)

Hanging up and not giving John the chance to reply, Daniel shoved the phone back into his pocket.

This little family was going to be a problem should anyone find out about the boy or if the boy ever wanted to find out who his parents were. For now, though, Daniel had a short time to breathe, knowing that soon a dragon would come and breathe fire over his kindgom.

~

"William..." I breathed out, sighing at the beauty of the restaurant. The restaurant's main theme was Paris, France, and it's main colors were black, gold, and red. Ironic because those were the colors she was wearing.

The lighting was dimmed and candles were lit, giving the restaurant a more romantic glow. Chandeliers with candle holders hung around the room, throwing off dancing lights.

It was the most romantic-looking place I'd ever been to.

"Do you like it?"

I turned toward William and threw my hands around his neck, squeezing gently. "Like it? I love it! It's amazing!"

William smiled brightly at me and tucked my hand onto his elbow. William and I reached the podium where a lady stood with a reservations book.

"Name, please."

"William Winters, and we'd like a private setting please."

"Of course, Mr. Winters, right this way."

William and I followed the lady to our booth at the bask of the restuarant, near a window. The lady was then replaced by a male waiter.

"Hello. My name is Donny Tellmen, and I will be your server today, " The waiter said, giving me a seductive look. I widened my eyes and looked away, embarrassed, but feeling slightly pleased. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Anna, darling? Do you want anything?" William said, looking at me, purposely emphasizing darling.

"Just water, please."

"A water and a bottle of your finest red wine, please."

Donny's eyes widened and he gasped, clutching his pen and pad in his hands. "But, but sir! Our finest red wine is a thousand dollars a bottle!"

William's head turned sharply toward our waiter and growled, "Do you know who you're talking to? I am William Daniel Heshire Winters, CEO of Winter Enterprises! I know damn well what I can and can't afford! Bring me the damn wine!"

I gave a silent gasp at William's rudeness, never having seen this side of him before, save for the time he kicked me out of the beachhouse.

"William..." I said, reaching across the table to his hand. Giving it a squeeze, I added, "It's okay. Calm down."

William shook his head and stared down at the table. "I'm sorry...it's just... I haven't had an outburst like that since I've met you, Anna. I don't know what came over me."

"Yeeaahh, I don't know either, " I said with a little nervous laugh. William nodded and gave a little chuckle as well.

"Well? Changing the subject... what would you like to have?"

"Ooooohh," I said in wonder, looking at the menu. There were so many amazing things to order. Ooh, like lobster and-

Oh my God... is that the Price??

William glanced worriedly at me when he hears me gasping. "Anna, are you alright?"

I took a deep breath and said, "Is that... is that the price for a lobster??"

Will glanced at his menu and nodded, "Yeah. What of it?"

I didn't think it was possible, but my eyes widened even more. "What of it? This lobster, William, is five hundred dollars!"

William grinned and looked away. "That's not even the most expensive thing on the menu. The bottle of wine wasn't even the most expensive thing on the menu."

"Why did you buy the wine?"

"Because... if you say yes, then I want to celebrate."

What?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Author's Note:

HEllo! Hi everybody!

I feel like I'm saying this all the time: I'M SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LONG WAIT!!

AND THIS TOO: School is KILLING ME!!

Anyways, how was the chapter? Was it good? Bad? PLEASE TELL ME I MUST KNOW!! Tell me if there are any mistakes, but, please, don't be obnoxious about it.

Please remember to VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!

THANK YOU!!

BYE!!