The Dark Slayer Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Sacrifices

{Keep Playing In Pursing Design by Versaemerge (the acoustic version) until the next song}

I willed myself to stop crying like some baby as I sat up from my bed, rubbing the tears off my eyes as fast as I could. I should know better than to weep like some child when life gets difficult. I should have some more dignity than that! What the bloody hell is wrong with me these days!?

"There is nothing wrong with you....You are still a child...You still have so much more to learn...Why are you in such a rush to grow?"

That stupid voice whispered through my thoughts as I sighed.

"Because if I don't then I'll get myself killed...just like Claude did."

The voice obviously had no response to that and I didn't expect it to.

You probably think I'm bloody mad or have lost my fucking mind by having a voice, but I've been use to it for a very long time...Ever since I was small, this voice has been haunting my mind. Ever since that night...

"Stay away from me!!"

I closed my eyes, forcing the memory back into place before I could fully relive it. Like I've always said, the past is the past and it can never be undone. Right now all I can do is look forward not backwards. Plus, I didn't have time for the past because I barely had enough time for the present. There's so much that I need to do before midnight. Lily's ritual has to be done before it's too late, and then after her ritual I had to go save the other Lee sister.

I had no time to cry.

I barely had time to breathe.

I stood up from my bed and walked over to the full-length mirror that stood in the corner of my room, taking one last look at this familiar stranger.

I guess I didn't ruin my make up after bawling like a baby. I still looked the same way I did before, I looked unnaturally....well....

Beautiful.

I just looked so different that it was...just so bloody scary.

It was abnormal.

I never really had the time to worry about my looks because my time was always consumed with trying to juggle school, slaying, training, visiting Lily, worrying about my father and mostly of course...

Slaying.

You see, vampires probably lost count of how many humans they have killed, well I lost count of how many vampires I've killed. I've been consumed by slaying ever since Claude was murdered, and to me it was all that really mattered anymore since the one person in the whole world that I loved most was gone, and he'll never come back..

I stared at the dark brown eyes that reflected in the glass and they looked as cold as ice and as hard as stone; it's as if they've seen much more of hell than heaven in this dark world; as if they knew the secrets that were kept by the devil himself.

And they did.

And they have.

A small spark of sliver glistened near the corner of the reflection as I took a step closer squiting my eyes to see where it came from. I turned around to see a silver box lay on the top of my dresser, just waiting, inviting me to come over.

I walked over to it knowing I had never seen it before in my life.

My father probably left it in here when I was asleep.

I saw a black envelope sticking out from underneath the box, I pulled it out as I flipped it over to see that my name was written in cursive, my dad's handwriting.