Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"What? Why do I have to do it?" Kaleb whined.

"You're expecting Nina to do it, then?"

Kaleb scoffed. "No. I was expecting you to do it. You didn't do anything to help." He muttered making me chuckle quietly.

"You only cooked and mashed potatoes. I don't think it was that hard, Kaleb." Jake said as we piled up the plates.

Right now they were arguing about who gets to do the dishes. I was just enjoying their bickering as I started cleaning the table.

"But all you did was eat and sleep the whole day!"

Jake sighed. "Okay, one, I was sleeping the whole day cause I'm sick." he said holding out a finger. "And two this is my house and I can make you leave. Then you'll have three options, one is to brace that storm and go home, two is to sleep in the lobby, which I doubt they'd allow, and three come back up here and beg for forgiveness." Jake said smugly. He was smirking and had his arms crossed as he leaned on the island.

I laughed covering my mouth to try and cover it up. Kaleb was glaring at Jake then turned to scowl at me. I coughed and sobered up, biting my lip as I tried not to laugh.

Kaleb huffed and grabbed a plate going to the sink.

"That's what I thought so." Jake said smiling amused.

"Prick." Kaleb muttered but we all heard it.

"Stop whining you big baby." Jake said placing the glasses beside the sink.

I carried the plates and made my way to the sink when Jake stepped in front of me.

"Give it here, love." he said getting the plates from the hands and placing them with the other dishes.

I rolled my eyes as him as I went to wipe the table. "You know I was a waitress, I could've handled it."

I felt arms wrap around my waist. "I know." he said kissing my head.

I smiled and shook my head.

"Oh, can you remind me to call Maggie later after we're done?" I told Jake.

He grabbed the rag from my hand as I was wiping and I looked up at him in confusion. "Call her now. I'll finish up here."

I shrugged. "Alright. Oh, don't forget to drink your medicine."

"Got it."

I walked out of the kitchen and to the living room. I grabbed my phone which I left on the coffee table and called Maggie.

She picked up after the third ring. "Hey, sweetie."

"Hi, Maggie. I just called to tell you that I'm not coming home tonight because of the storm, other than that Jake won't let me."

"Oh. Well, alright, dear. But you don't have any clothes and stuff."

I ran a hand down my face. Right. I did not think of that one.

"We'll, uh, we'll figure something out I guess." I said as I felt arms wrap around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder.

"Alright. Be safe and call if you need anything."

"Okay. Thanks Maggie. Be safe too, and can you please tell Mike. I don't want him to worry."

"I will sweetie."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

We hung up and I put my phone back on the coffee table making Jake let go of me.