Chapter 23: Surprising Assistance

Stage 2 of the Grand Celestia was now only three days away from starting. Soon the game to decide ones futures would soon start again. For this stage fighters are to form groups of four, with some five, which were forged by several circumstances. For Saku he was on his way to track down his final member...who had been randomly assigned to him.

Saku was walking through the Grand Celestia, with his partner Emiko and ally Aeron, following his OSCOM which shone a pulsing blue line. He was walking through an entertainment district where participants and audience members mostly relaxed and spoke amongst one another. It was a single wide path with a large circle section at the middle.

It was mostly just a relaxing place where most of the populace just had fun or enjoyed the peace. Tthe north and south pathway were several sweet shops, dessert vendors and the odd café. The centre area was somewhat similar to a park. It had a pathway around the outside, soft looking blue grass and a neon fountain, which sprayed different coloured lights.

The only true entertainment came from shows, displayed on holograms, featuring cartoon characters or comedy sketches. Most of the populace simply read books, played a virtual board game or just conversed with one another. Saku went through the centre area but the feel of the place piqued his curiosity "This sort of reminds me of the parks back home"

"Each area on this base has such a different aura to it" said Aeron looking round "this area has a soothing effect that seems to relieve one's stress"

"It looks like a nice place just to relax" said Emiko looking round "Should we rest?"

"Well not quite yet" said Saku putting back up his glove "We've got to find our final member of the group"

The glove drew Saku to the fountain in the middle of the centre area. He then saw, lying on the blue grass "You're...the final member?" said Saku a little astonished

"It took you long enough to find me...Captain" it was Zak'ryon who was laying down on the grass, his hands as a pillow, with one knee in the air "I knew it was you all along" just then

"TEAM-MATE ZAK'RYON RECOGNISED" said AL in Saku's glove "FINAL MEMBER ADDED TO BRAVE SYMPHONY. AND COMPILATION COMPLETE"

"So...you were the final member? I'm neither surprised...or annoyed. It's weird"

Zak'ryon snickered and leaned back to his shoulders to spring up to his feet "It seems fate works in strange ways. To think...I'd be paired up with a kindred spirit"

"A kindred spirit?" said Emiko "What do you mean by that?"

"Let's just say...me and Saku can relate quite a bit. Now then...Captain, who's in Brave Symphony overall?"

"We're in a team of five members" said Saku "Or Six counting Emiko as my partner. There's Aeron who's here with me"

"Nice to be working with you" said Aeron politely bowing

"There's also Angel and Katsia"

Zak'ryon just tilted his head "can you refresh my memory who are they? I don't know a lot of names"

"Angel is the girl with the cat like face and wings" said Saku "do you recall her carrying me with Emiko?" Zak'ryon nodded "and Katsia is the...stiff girl with light-blue skin"

"You mean the stuck-up Princess? Most interesting for us all to be paired in these circumstances. The Emperor has such a marvellous aesthetic don't you think?"