Chapter 24: Moving

Wake up Kenzie. Wake up.

I enter the house as I see hundreds of boxes in the living room. Alex, Rosie, and I said goodbye to all our friends. Now, we have to finish packing.

Damn. That moving company did a good job. Now, all I gotta do is go in my room and see what I actually wanna bring.

Dad paid a group of trustworthy people to pack most of our things. They wanted us to box and keep the certain things like jewelry, posters, etc. You know, the important personal stuff.

I head to my room as Alex and Rosie head to theirs. Dad goes to his, his hands intertwined with Mom's.

I wish I could experience love like that. Mom and Dad are gonna grow old together. That's so romantic.

I walk in, seeing it's empty. But, on my bed there's a few stuff scatter. I look at it and see a few notes, a few pieces of jewelry and a poster.

I walk towards the stuff, picking up one of my rings. I smile at it. Grandma gave me it when I turned thirteen. It's purple, my fav color. It just says "teenager" on it. She was so excited when I became a teenager. She cried at my birthday party because she was so shocked that I was growing up.

I put it in a shoe box, filling it with things I wanna keep. I look over and see a few other pieces of jewelry, also setting them inside the shoe box.

I see a note and pick it up. I read it.

Dear Makenzie,

I know you're in Hawaii for a vacation with your Dad and siblings. But, I still miss you. You're my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you.

You've stuck by me through everything. When I'm wrong, you correct me and I like that about you. When you need a shoulder to cry on, or a secret to tell someone, just come to me. That's what best friends are for.

I love you.

~Jake

I sigh. What happened to this Jake? The one that was so sweet.

I crumble the note and throw it out the window.

I am really hurt from him, but fuck him. I'm moving on.

I see poster rolled up and I grab it. I unroll it and see it's a poster of Dad when he was younger.

It's a poster of the cover to his old album "Believe." I hung it up because my Dad is amazing. I love him so much.

I look at the other things and add it to the box. I walk downstairs with the box, seeing Mom and Dad ready. I see people loading up the trucks.

Alex and Rosie are still finishing.

I'm ready to go, but first I wanna ride around for a little bit. It's my last say in Cali unless I wanna come back when I'm older.

"I'll be back. I just want some time alone," I tell Mom and Dad.

They both nod. "But, be here in an hour. That's when we officially leave," Mom says.

I nod and grab my keys, getting into my car.

Last adventure in Cali. Let's make it memorable.

________________________________

Last chap is next! Then, Forever and Always!

Want the last chap? 30 votes and a few comments and it's all yours!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15