Chapter 20

"Lean on me, Kay. I won't let you fall." Miracle told Kayden as she helped him stand up.

       The doctor had adviced him to start taking baby steps with some support. All though they had got him crutches, Miracle felt that helping him to walk a bit on regular basis only on her support would trigger the recovery faster. But Kayden wouldn't lean on her. He thought his weight would absolutely crush.

                Well, that's utter bull. I wouldn't have even thought of helping him, if I had thought he would crush me.

                  "Baby, you don't need to do this. There are other male interns who can help me. They are just a call away."

             "Will you just quit whining and start walking? You are seriously getting on my nerves Kay." Miracle said with a hint of irritation in her tone. Kayden's stubborness and suggestions about her not doing anything pissed her off. She just wanted to help.

                    "Geez, kitty kat. You don't have to pull out your claws. I'll do as you say." Kayden had finally accepted her support and taken a few steps with her help, wincing every time too much pressure was applied.

                  "Why would you call me kitty? I don't like cats. I like puppies better."

                      "Are you insisting, that I call you a dog?" Amusement was clear in his voice. Miracle sure was a unique character.

               "Umm.... Yeah! I am mean dogs are fiercely loyal and intelligent. Cats are sly." Miracle scrunched up her face in distaste.

              Wow. You really don't like cats, huh?

                      Hate them. Why are you talking as if you didn't know this? Strange. You are supposed to be my brain.

                   Oops.. sorry.

                   "Miracle, are you listening to me?" Kayden said snapping his fingers in front of her face.

                   "Uh.. No."

               "I said, you could go with Hazel and Sammy and adopt a puppy if you want." Miracle's eyes widened with surprise. She quitely settled him down on their bed. She squealed with joy and jumped here and there.

                    "Seriously, Kay? Are you like super duper serious?" She asked kneeling down in fornt of him. Her eyes filled with hopes and glee, shining like stars.

                    "Ofcourse. You have the free will to get whatever you want, baby. As long as you are happy, I am happy. Now go. And don't forget to call an intern for my help." Kayden said while kissing her forehead.

                  "But, I can leave after you are done with your walking. There is no rush."

                "No leave right now. You might miss the best puppy, you know. So go. Have fun and don't create much trouble." Kayden chuckled when he saw Miracel stick out her tongue at him from the door.

                  She was the best thing that had happened to him, after his father coming back to them. He could still remember talking to Holly's tummy and staring at it for hours and hours. Back then he always wondered what the baby inside would have looked like. Little did he know that she was a miracle just waiting to come out and change everyone's lives.

                 In the very beginning, he had treated Samantha and Miracle equal, but somehow, Miracle had made her way straight to the centre of his heart and occupied her space. Once he had reached high school, he had started dating other girls and eventually they all just became warm-bam-thankyou-ma'am.

               He started showing off his girlfriends and mistresses in front off her so that it would create some distance betweem Miracle and him. He didn't want people to call him or her any names. But even after all that, not once had he seen her eyes loose her adoration for him. And then, Dante happened.

                 Now that he looked back at it, they had come a long way. And they had a really long way to go ahead too. With all these thoughts running in his head, Kayden fell into the sweetest oblivion.

                    Only to be rudely woken up by sloppy licking on his face and giggles. He slowly opened his eyes, to come face to face with a small labrador pup sitting on his chest and wagging his tail. The pup barked with joy, when it saw him open his eyes and started licking his face all over again.

                     "Well, it looks like my brother and Cookie have already made a special bond." Sammy said while giggling like a school girl.

                     "Cookie? Baby?" Kayden looked confused between the pup, Miracle and Sammy.

                     "Yes, Kay. This little cutie her is Cookie, she is just 7 weeks old. Isn't she adorable?" Miracle picked Cookie off his chest and snuggled her close to her chest.

                 "And it seems that the intern had come to help you, but you were fast asleep. He tried to wake you up, but you just shooed him away. So apparently you just walked for 15 minutes today, which is not enough. So from tomorrow, no naps in between Mr.King, got it?" Miracle said sternly.

                   "Alright, Caley. You can scold him later on. Lets first say Hello to our new family member." Sammy exclaimed excitedly.

                      Cookie barked and started jumping around, wagging her tail with glee.

                 A new family member it is!

***************************

A/N:  HELLO THERE ALL!

I KNOW KNOW! I AM REALLY BAD.

I UPDATED LATE AND THAT TOO A SUPER SHORT CHAPTER. BUT PLEASE DEAL WITH ME FOR SOMETIME. IT WAS REALLY HARD TO FIND TIME TO EVEN WRITE THIS.

OTHER THAN THAT! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY? ABSOLUTE HAPPINESS OR DISASTER?

TILL THEN..

ENJOY READING...

LOVE TRISH.