Chapter 17 - The Vision

I don't turn around. The angel could strike with his sword at any moment. "Remiel I do not wish to fight you. I only wish to protect the souls I have collected. There are more on the list that will need protecting still."

"Where ist thy bone reaper? I know ye thinkest me daft, but I am not."

"You left me in a tough spot." I start to turn around.

"Movest not reaper." The menace in the angel's voice sends a chill up my spine.

"Can we simply talk without violence? You know only a perfect strike can harm me, and I am very good with my staff. I would rather not use it."

"Ye knowest this blade ist swift and sure."

"You left me no choice angel. I did what I had to. You took the lists, and I was not going to leave those souls unprotected. I can't summon you from thin air. There is only one other soul that knew the names on both lists."

The angel pokes his sword in between my ribs almost into the cluster of souls inside. "Demons have no souls lest those they steal." Anger grates on the angel.

I don't dare move with the sword so close. "What would you have me do Remiel?"

"A deal with a demon wilst never end in your favor reaper. The word of one who dost make that deal wilst not be true."

"Do what you think ..." Everything turns white as a force I had never experienced before hits me. It's description escapes me. It flattens me and everything around it, and yet it feels as if it is being restrained. What is the cause of this power?

When my vision clears from the blinding light, I see a young girl. She can't be more than eight or nine years old. I am floating around her, but I'm unable to control my movements. Her short blonde hair looks as if she cut it herself. I feel the need to protect her. She is running from someone. Someone dangerous. I can only see a knife, then a gun with a design of a rose on the barrel. She falls then screams.

I need to find her, but where? It feels like a memmory of the future rather than a memmory of the past. I have never experienced such a thing. The white light returns and I am once again flattened.

When it fades again, I am back standing where I was before. Everything around me seems like a faded version of reality. The vision is what stays with me. That girl is important, but who is she? How will I find her? I hear a grunt behind me.

It's Remiel. He is on the other side of a brick wall. A cloud of dust circles the crater he is in the middle of. I pull my staff out and walk towards the angel.

"Are you OK Remiel?"

The angel looks at me with resent. "Regret wilst fill your dreams reaper." With that he teleports away.