18 - the apology cake

.

TESS'S POV

.

"Alright guys, what is up with everything that's been happening?" Stacey says over the phone.

"They're starting it! They started it." Rose spoke defensively.

"No, no both sides have started it. What were you thinking, just ambushing the show like that?"

"Woah, that wasn't us! What the hell, they started that too! We're just fighting back."

 Stacey sighed, obviously not happy. "You girls are just putting yourselves into more trouble, same with the boys. You know exactly what might possibly happen if this continues alright? So play nice, please. At least for the tour."

"Well don't you think things would've gone better if we went on tour with some other band?" Rose blurted out, Cara staring at her wide eyed. If we had gone against Stacey.. I honestly don't know what would've happened. Actually, I don't really know what to expect with Stacey.

 "Okay, this is the first warning." She simply responded. "Get another one, I'm going to.. I'm going to get Luke and Cara together by the next month."

"What!" Cara gasped. "I.. No, that can't happen, I'm sorry. Anything, but that."

"How old are you girls again? Rose is turning twenty one in a couple months, what about you?"

"Well.. I'm eighteen." Cara mumbled.

"Wow! Isn't that old." She sounded so pissed, I gulped as I pursed my lips nervously.

"Stace, we--"

"Okay, I have to give the exact same lecture to the boys and I'll give them a call right after I hang up on this one. So please, just.. Just be the one to hold up the truce flag, and just end it right there."

"Alright." Jenna simply said. "We'll do the best we can, Stacey. Sorry about everything."

She sighs, as we say goodbye before ending the call.

"Dammit, aren't we in trouble." Rose murmered, eyebrows furrowed.

"Apparently, it's some of us who can't seem to chill and actually give them a chance for once." I say, raising my eyebrows at Rose.

"I'm being perfectly reasonable here! Who the hell would trust them?" She shook her head. 

"We can't keep going through this you know, this is why Stacey put us on this tour in the first place, and it's to get rid of our enemies." Jenna shrugged. 

"Well it's not going to happen over night, Jen." Cara glanced at her. "It'll take some time, probably a shit load of time, but we'll find some sort of way to.. Yeah." She waves the girl off.

"I think we should start by baking them a cake." Rose smiles.

"No, we're not putting rat poison in the cake, Rose." Jenna spoke knowingly, as she laughed.

"What! It would be cool if--"

"We're baking them a cake, without rat poison." I told her.

She sighed, closing her eyes.

"A cake? Seriously?" Cara shook her head. "That is like.. So, weird. We don't even bake."

Well who knew we'd be baking 5SOS a cake? This was.. Well, different. But I guess baby steps would be effective. I guess, baby steps were good.

"I'll make the cake." Rose says, a small smile on her face.

"No, not by yourself." Jenna pointed, chuckling. "I'll bake it with you."