Part Three

Beginning Part Three

Geometry, World History, Art, Personal Health,Advanced Literature and Composition, Lunch, Spanish, then Chemistry. I found my schedule in my binder at Mickey’s house. Mickey is in my first two classes, and then I’m on my own. I hate that feeling. I wish I knew what was going on so I could go home, to my own school and see my friends. Should I get to know the people here? Will I ever get back to the people I know? Hopefully there will be people who at least know me in the other classes. Right now, I’m looking for the Art Room. The school I'm at is called Bend High.

There’s the Art Room. I open the door and walk in; I look around for a place to sit. There’s a table with two girls and one boy sitting at it. There’s one seat open. They see me and invite me over so I go and sit next to them.

“Hey,” says one of them.

“HI,” I say back.

An adult, I’m assuming the teacher, walks in.

“Quiet down,” says the teacher.

“But mister brown,” says the girl sitting next to me.He glares at her and tells her not to talk.

“Its so much fun messing with him.” She whispers.

I laugh quietly.

I laughed. That was probably the first time since the basketball game that I actually felt happy, rather than confused and frustrated.

As the teacher takes attendance, I pay attention to the names of the kids sitting next to me. I think about telling someone what had happened, but decide not to because they probably wouldn’t believe me anyway,and they seem to know me, so I just decide to get to know them too. Now that attendance is over, I know that the boys name is Carl, and the girls are Michele, and Lisa.

“Ok, today were gonna start a project,” says Mr.brown. “Were gonna draw a picture using colored pencils of something that you think represents you or your childhood.”

“SAN FRANSISCO!” yells Carl.

“No one cares, we all know you were born in San Francisco,” says Michele, frustrated.

“Calm down Michele,” says Lisa.

This makes me laugh too.

Mr. Brown sighs, “There’s paper and pencils on the back desk,” he says, “begin.”

“He really doesn’t care about this project does he?” I ask.

“Have you met him?” Michele asks, “He doesn’t care about anything!”

This makes me laugh again.

“What part of San Francisco should I draw?” Carl asks.

“What?” I ask.

“Did you pay attention to any of that conversation?”Lisa asks.

“Nope.” Carl says.

The rest of class goes like this. Carl draws Chinatown, his favorite part of San Francisco, Lisa draws her brothers, and I’mnot sure what Michele is trying to draw. I draw my friends at home and I playing basketball. Mostly though, we laugh.  Guess that’s what they do. We hardly stop laughing the whole time, and that’s a big deal for me. There has never been a time in my life that I had laughed so hard.

Now that Art is over, I have Personal Health. Carl,Michele, and Lisa are all in that class, and I also met Jason. Jason reminds me of myself slightly. He is a little strange though. Health is actually pretty fun. We didn’t even sit down the whole class. Today we are learning a little bit about first aid, so we are on the ground bandaging each other and putting splints on our “broken” arms.

Then Advanced Lit and Comp. This class is boring. I can’tpay attention at all, in fact, all I can think about is my family and friends.How am I going to get back? I think several times. Lunch is good though. The sun is shining through the windows and I meet the rest of my friends here.There are foour more and their names are Angela, Rebbecca, George, and Melissa.

I have the time of my life, we hardly stop laughing the whole time, and I can’t even breath through most of it; the only bad thing is the feeling of not ever getting back home.

End Part Three