Waking Up And Luncheon

Ian's POV

****

  Ian's alarm rang early Friday morning. This was his last day of college, then it was time to graduate from a freshman to sophomore. He was going in to counseling,a psychology major.

He yawned and grabbing a white T-shirt, and a pair of blue jeans, semi dark. Ian went then to the bathroom. A shower was in order. Turning the hot water on, Ian stripped off his pajamas and stepped into the stream. He sighed, and lathered shampoo and conditioner into his short hair. Once he rinsed his hair, he began the scrub process.

He watched the water take the suds away, and he turned the water off just as it had started to get cold. Ian stepped out and shivered, snatching up the light green towel, and patted himself dry quickly. Dressing quickly, he left the bathroom and headed out for breakfast.

He went downstairs to the college's cafeteria, and sat down with some eggs and bacon, just as his Nokia 5 vibrated before ringing loudly. Ian patted his pocket quickly, and pulled it out, sliding his finger to the answer side.

"Hello?" he said, without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Ian!" Phil gushed suddenly, and Ian pulled the phone away from his ear at his shouty friend.

"Yes?" he asked tiredly, still forking eggs into his mouth.

  "I thought you'd like to come to lunch with us to celebrate the end of freshman year. You know, with Jake, Kyle and I." Phil rambled quickly, which surprised Ian that he even could keep up.

"Yea, yea, sure. I'll be there. Where at?"

"Calder's Cafe, 12:30. We'll see you there." Phil said in response.

"Alright, Phil, I'll see ya there." And with that, they hung up.

Ian finished his breakfast quickly, and glanced at the time. 10:33 AM. About 2 hours.

  He sighed and got up, going back upstairs and sat down to finish the rest of his exams. Psychology 101, and Medicine 102.

  An hour and half later, he yawned and set down his pencil. He was finally done. All he had to do was turn it in.

  He stood and stretched his back, rotating his shoulders. Ian grabbed his phone, keys, and shoes, and headed out the door. He had a half an hour to get to Calder's.

He went outside, and found his car down the street, parked against the curb. His little Neon was a pale green, and ran well. Ian opened the door, and inserting the key, it roared to life. Then he pulled away from the curb, driving slowly, following the limit.

Within ten minutes, he was parked outside Calder's, behind another Neon but in a midnight blue. Ian got out and locked the doors, approaching the cafe slowly. Neither Kyle, Phil nor Jake were anywhere in sight.

  Ian waited around for what seemed like an hour. He checked his phone repeatedly for texts or missed calls. Neither appeared on the lock screen of his Nokia 5. Ian sighed and paced around Calder's  a little, before heading inside and getting a donut. He approached the door, pulling the door open, at the same time someone else came out pushing the door. The person ended up falling forward on him, and they got their coffee spilled on their shirt, while he felt the coffee burning his leg.

And they was a girl. She appeared to be around the same age as he, with blonde hair and light green eyes. She was beautiful.

  "I... I'm...I'm... s-s-sorry..." Ian stuttered, uncertainly, helping her to her feet.

  She smiled shyly, and nodded. "It's truly alright. I should have looked where I was going." She gave a light laugh, and went to move past him.

  "So... " he started. "Will you let me replace it?" Ian smiled. Oh, that's a way to ask her on a date.

   She smiled, "Sure." He grinned, and they walked back up to the line and ordered her coffee, cream latte with sugar, and he got his donut, a nice glazed one.

  Once they sat back down at an outside table out on the porch, he took a careful bite  of his donut.  "How are you?" he asked, hesitantly.

  "I'm doing well." she said, and then held her hand out. "I'm Starlina."

  He grasped it firmly, and smiled. "Ian."

   "Nice to meet you." Star said and smiled back.

   "As well as you." he said in return.

   They talked for a little while longer, and then she had to leave to catch her work shift. Ian shook her hand again, and she gave him his number with the words, 'we'll do this again'. He was grinning like a fool when he was watching her go to the midnight blue Neon in front of his.

"That's a nice car." he commented stupidly, and she turned and gave him a kind smile, before waving bye.

His friends showed up sometime later, and they whistled at him. Then the teasing began.

****

There you are. Please ENJOY! :)