Chapter 10

          "A plasma is a hot ionized gas that has about the same number as positive charged and negative charged ions ..." I mumble to myself then look down at my Physics textbook to see if I got it right. "Yes!" I hiss out loud to myself. I'd been getting it wrong for a while but knew it was because of the stress and negative energy I'd been dealing with around me lately. It was starting to mess with me being able to retain and remember information. I then squint my eyes as I look up at my bedroom ceiling to keep testing myself. "Uh...the plasmas of interest are very weak, with densities lower than laboratory vacuums. The temperatures of space plasmas—"

          "Are really high. They go from a couple thousand degrees Celsius in the plasmasphere up to a couple million degrees in the ring current."

          I swing my computer chair toward my doorway and see Raheem standing there. He winked at me, making me blush. He looked so good with his diamond earrings and his fresh caesar cut. His long sleeve gray muscle t-shirt clung to his frame like it was fit for his body and his black True Religion jeans were loose, hanging off his waist by just an inch. He also had gray Nike Mag's on his feet which I didn't even think were out yet.

          "Well aren't you looking suave?" I smirk.

          He chuckled and looked down at himself stretching his left leg out. "Yeah I got these yesterday. The Daiburrough college sent them to me as a gift. You know all these colleges trying to win the best football and basketball players over."

          "Aww, look at you. My little future athlete trying to be bought by society." I joke.

          He walked further into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked at me. "So I see you started studying without me. This gas you talking about is the fourth state of matter, right?"

          "I put a sheepish smile on my face. "Sorry Rah, you were taking too long to get here. You know I'm a study bug. And yeah plasma is the fourth state of matter."

          He smiled, then sighed. "Yeah I know you and your books miss honor role, it's aight."

          "How is your mom?" I ask.

          He sighed, then after a few seconds, placed his hands over his face. My heart skipped a beat for a second thinking she was dead or something. But I quickly push that theory to the side knowing he wouldn't be sitting here this calmly if his mom was dead. Rah still wasn't saying anything so I got concerned and got up, walking over to my bed. I sat next to him, folding my arms.