CLASH OF THE DRUG TITANS (Cronus)

CLASH OF THE DRUG TITANS (CRONUS)

All the children born of Cornelius and Hannah were taken by their father while Hannah slept. Cornelius had been a little too cocky for children. He was not a man of future or legacy. The very thought of anyone dethroning him, even his own children - was not an accomplishment. As far as he was concerned, his own children posed a threat. He was in his own head again.  The years were passing him too quickly. In truth he lived in karmic fear of what would happen to him. He'd experienced the brutality of his father, Uriah. All of those things had desensitized him. To onlookers, Uriah lived in the glory of his riches and family life. Unfortunately, he treated his offspring more like cattle than children. He'd taken to it as sport. One of his favorite pastimes was chaining them up and beating them until they bled.

His wife, Gina grieved silently for her abused children. She felt helpless to save them as memories of her own life bound her to her fear of interceding. How could she have stopped him? What was in her power to do? When she'd met Uriah, she believed that he was her way out of the desperation and poverty that she'd experienced as a child. She couldn't have been more wrong. He was her worst nightmare. Uriah Benjamin was a hateful combination of the men who had raped and sodomized her mother when she was a child. She remembered vividly those times as she'd cower in the hallway closet behind the clothes. Her mother would put her there and tell her to keep quiet no matter what happened. She hated sitting there for hours on end hearing her mother cry out in pain. It was the way they survived, ate...lived.

One day, while Gina waited in the back of the closet, the screaming abruptly stopped. For what seemed like an hour afterwards, all she could hear was the grunting of her mother's male companion. Then the silence became loud. Really loud. She held her breath as the hurried footsteps of her mother's company raced past the closet and out of the apartment door. Gina sat there for what felt like forever. She could hear her mother's voice in her head telling her not to leave the closet, no matter what. Her subconscious kept her there for 2 hours. She'd already wet herself, but her desire for her mother removed her from the closet and into the bedroom she shared with her. She will never forget the memory of her mother's face frozen in horror, her body crumpled amongst the sheets. She approached the bed, peering over the edge of the mattress. Her mothers' eyes were stationary, locked in the moment of her death. Gina did not know she was screaming until someone entered the apartment and saved her. It was the police. They were used to her mother Pamela's screams, but not hers.

When she met Uriah, she was seventeen, one month shy of her 18th birthday and preparing to age out of the foster care system. She never did get adopted. No one wanted a child who witnessed death. It was if they could see her dead mother hanging about her. She was a quiet storm of emotions. She was broken. It was on the way to the D train from her high school. She was so focused on her feet, she never saw him in her peripherals.

He wooed her with conversation. It wasn't hard. He was the first to give her the attention since her mother. The attention she needed. For his part, Uriah loved Gina. He loved everything about her. She was his queen and in truth, he wasn't willing to share her. Not even with his children.

Now Gina was a mother first. Her experience with her own mother made that so. Having grown tired of seeing her children abused (as children and young adults), she formulated a plan with her middle child, the young strong Cornelius. Cornelius had strength in him that Uriah refused to challenge. Uriah recognized the dead look in Cornelius' eyes. Unfortunately, Uriah caught wind of the plan, but he hadn't caught wind of the perpetrator. He turned his attention to Jaylin their oldest child gunning him down, but failing to kill him. Standing over his son's wounded body, Uriah readied himself to finish the job.

He never saw Cornelius coming. The young drug lord impaled his daddy dearest with the machete that his father kept by his front door for unwanted visitors. When his father had fallen, he castrated him, disposing of his genitalia in the East River and his body in the Hudson. Decapitating Uriah, Cornelius carried the head out to the Jamaica Bay and dropped it in the marshes along Snake Road.

The rumors spread like wild fire all through the city. Cornelius stepped into the role of drug overlord quite easily...in fact too easily.

Once Cornelius assumed power, he sent quick and brutal messages; messages that were even worse than those of his late father. Once he was informed of which of his siblings had warned their father, retribution was swift.

Yuli, (one of his brothers that loved their father even beyond the abuse) was in the steam room of a Brooklyn Heights spa when he was confronted. He was found sprawled out on the floor with his lips stitched together and his eyes wide. Across his chest were the words "Learned the hard way to shut his fuckin' mouth." 

When Gina heard the news that Yuli was dead, she grabbed her forearm trying to pull out the pain that gripped it. Death came to court her softly that night and she never got up the next morning.

Within Uriah's organization, there were seven sons running New York. Yuli and Tomas in the Bronx (South Bronx & Riverdale); Jonah and Jeylin in Brooklyn (Bed-Stuy & Park Slope), Marc & Wilton in Queens (South Jamaica & College Point). Uriah couldn't see beyond New York. Cornelius expanded his base to the entire East Coast.

He trusted few and even hooked up with Hannah (his father's mistress). He felt it was easier than trying to trust some random bitch. But she kept getting pregnant. He'd let her carry them too as he used his own children on the Black Market selling his babies to barren couples. He'd made 1.4 million on the sale of his own kids. Hannah ached silently. Determined not lose her last child, she feigned a miscarriage and had Zaire raised in the quiet of SOHA (South Harlem) by her nanny Fatima. She'd lost all her other babies, not this one...

(To Be Continued)

Coming ZAIRE (Zeus) Clash of the Drug Titans...