Heaven

“Heaven couldn’t wait for you” – Beyonce x Heaven

            Tavi woke up to the sound of her phone going off. She cracked her eyes open and picked her head up only for her to put it back down because of the pounding sensation. She reached her arm over to the nightstand grabbed her phone and clicked answer.

            “Hello” She groaned into the phone.

            “What’s wrong wit’ you?” Rashad asked on the other end of the phone.

            Tavi sighed and gathered the strength for her to get up and walk to the bathroom. “I just got a headache, that’s all”

            She looked over to the side that Shayne was sleeping on and no longer saw him. She thought he must’ve left once she fell asleep.

            “I hope you feel better” He sympathized. “I was callin’ to say sorry about me not being able to be there all the time. I know it’s hard but you gotta understand that this is not just some hobby I’m doin’… This is my career”

            Tavi nodded completely agreeing with him about it being his career and understands that he can’t control his schedule. It was wrong for her to snap on him at his game and felt as though she was the one that needed to apologize.

            “No, you don’t have to apologize Rashad. I’m sorry that I acted childish” She laughed. “It was really wrong of me to do that”

            “So are we good?” He asked.

            “Yes” She smiled while standing up.

            “Good, I don’t want you mad at me for any reason” He chuckled. “How’s Addison?”

            “She’s good, and that’s another thing I want to apologize about. I don’t know where her attitude came from but I promise it won’t happen again” She shook her head at Addison’s rude behavior towards Rashad.

            “Nah’ its fine I understand how babies are towards their mom” He replied. “It would’ve been a lot worse if she was a boy”

            “Oh most definitely” She laughed. “But I have to go; I need to go pick Addison up from Sandra’s”

            “Okay, I guess I’ll talk to you tonight” He said.

            “Of course” She nodded hanging up the phone and setting it on her bathroom counter.

            She clicked the lock button and saw that it was only one o’clock in the afternoon. She turned around and started the shower and stripped out of her clothes. She stood under the shower jets getting hit with the steamy hot water that soothed her body. Thinking about what Shayne told her before she went to sleep made a tear slip out her eyes.