27. The Mentor

**Alright this entire chapter is in Gracie's POV.  It is purely for entertainment.  Keep in mind that when I pick the story back up in Maggie's POV she won't know all the details revealed in this chapter. :) Hope you enjoy!  And I hope I did okay with capturing Gracie again!**

27

**Gracie’s POV**

“Mom!  Can I ask you a favor?”

“Yes my darling son?” I replied as I brushed Nellie’s hair.  She just loved running around and making it into a huge rats nest.  I don’t blame her though…that’s just how I used to wear my hair.

“You know my friend Noah?”

“I do.”

“Well, do you remember how his mom’s name is Sasha and could possibly be the woman you knew and Keith’s sister?”

“Yes.  I’m almost positive it is because he looks like a young Keith, who looks like a boy version of Sasha.”  I had finally met him a few days before and I was utterly surprised at the resemblance.

“Well, Noah wants to meet his aunt and uncle and cousins.”

I stopped brushing Nellie’s hair and looked up at him, “So you want me to invite them over?”

“Yeah.  Do you think we can do something this weekend?  Or no?”

“I think that’s a wonderful idea Declan.  I’ll call them tonight.” I smiled.

“It was actually Maggie’s idea.” He replied rubbing the back of his neck.  My face darkened.  Her bitch of a mother took her away, leaving my son here a mess. It’d been a week and he was smiling, but the smile never reached his eyes.  If I could’ve only gotten my hands on that woman!  I loved Maggie too and to take her away like that!  I called bullshit.  She was just a control freak that felt like she was losing her daughter.  What I predicted was going to be right though.  I told her that the harder she pushed the more she’d lose. 

I sighed, “I miss her too Declan.”

“Yeah, well thanks for calling.  I know Maggie and Noah will be happy.”

“Of course.” I smiled kindly.  “As long as Sasha doesn’t show up we’ll be solid.”

“And what if she does?”

“I can’t promise good results.”

“Mom, please be nice.”

“I repeat, no promises.”

“That’s a bad example for Nellie.”

“Oh Nellie is fine.  Aren’t you my beautiful girl?”  I said hugging the little angel.  She giggled.  I looked down at her happily.  She was looking more and more like me every day.  For a while we thought she would be closer to Carson, but her hair was lightening up like my blond hair and she was small with a cute button nose and big beautiful eyes.  Declan got almost all Carson and I couldn’t have been prouder of him.  He was such a handsome smart boy.  I was just the proudest mother around.