5: End of the Road

Author's note: So the guy Audrey hit with the trolley, his name's Xander.

        I woke up at six amid sleeping at three. It probably worsened my colds. I got downstairs and made a turn to the kitchen. "Oh my Go-" I said surprised to see someone else in there. "Audwey, that's bad. Commandment number 3, remember?" What is up with this Christian guy? "What are you doing here?" I asked the person that goes by "Seth". "I brought something to ease up your colds." He said gleefully, holding up a bucket of ice cream. My eyes lit up at the sight of Quezo Real. It was a Filipino ice cream that was basically cheese.

        I grabbed a spoon and opened the bucket. "Uh..Audwey, don't you think you wanna share?" he asked amused. My face fell. I threw a spoon at him. He didn't catch it so he got another spoon. "Uh..Audwey, I might get infected you know." he said getting a bowl. I rolled my eyes and started eating. He gave a disapproving look. "Nevermind. I'm on a diet anyway." he said, giving up. "So Seth, don't you have a life?" I finally spoke up. "Are you making me regret visiting you?" he said but then turned serious. "Audrey..Erm.. I have something to say."

        Was he confessing his feelings or something? Out of curiousity, I stopped eating and looked at him. He was trying not to cry. What was going on? -_-  "Audrey, I'm leaving." he said so fast I almost didn't hear him. "Audrey, say something." he said, almost pleadingly. "Oh." And I meant it. I didn't know what else to say. Was I supposed to be sad? Was I supposed to be angry. I just didn't know. He looked hurt by my almost-silence. He waited a few more seconds before standing up and walking out the door.

        And I cried. Why? I also didn't know. Recently that time, I began to just not know about a lot of things. Seth.. Seth was my second real friend. He always dropped by our house whenever he went out or something. He made me feel like I had a friend in him. The funny thought I had about him confessing was oh so mistaken. It turned out to be some devastating news. Uh maybe that was an exagerration. Maybe not. I just didn't know. Again.

        Should I have said something? I should have asked why. I stayed where I was and continued eating my ice cream. The phone rang. I couldn't stand up. I didn't want to. But when it won't stop ringing, I dragged my feet with my ice-cream on one hand. "Hello?" I said barely above a whisper. "Audrey! Hi Hon! So are you going to the airport?" Huh? How did my mom know? "No, mom." I replied. "Did you say goodbye?" "Yes, Mom....Why is he leaving again?" "Audrey, weren't you listening last month when they first arrived. I was telling you that Seth was just on a vacay here before he takes over their restaurant back in New York." I hung up.

        I was angry at myself. For not caring at first. For not asking questions. For not saying thank you. Crap. I should've said thank you for everything. For keeping up with my temper. For the ice-cream. For the fries. For making me laugh (sarcastically). For everything. I grabbed my hoodie and walked (yep, slowly) to their door. I knocked. Mrs. Price answered the door and smiled. "Hey Audrey dear! Come in while I call Seth." Okay I might have chickened out. I stopped her and said, "No need, Mrs. Price. I already said bye to him. I just wanted to see if you needed any help packing." I said, eyeing the clearly already packed suitcases. "Oh no need dear. Thanks anyway." "Okay then, Mrs. Price."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        The next day, I sniffed and realized that the colds have left me. I got out of bed not feeling lightheaded anymore. I smiled. He taught me to smile. I shook away the thought. I took a nice long shower and dressed up a bit nicer than usual. I got downstairs and hugged my mom while she was dusting the coffee table."Oh! Hi hon. I see the ice-cream did wonders huh?" "I stiffened but still faked a laughter. "Oh by the way, Xav's dropping by? I'm so excited. It's been a long time. He says he needed to give you something." "Oh okay."