Chapter 22

A/N: Not Edited. 

Question 1: Do you guys like the two POV's in one chapter? 

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 22 (Gabriel POV)           

            “At least he’s loyal to his family.”  Jamies’ words repeating in my head, mantras like. It wasn’t that he said them; it was how he said them. Sure, with proof, a clear and direct threat worse was Sam’s reaction. He had none, but Jamie wasn’t swayed at all in his comment, or his stance as I saw him now. In fact he looked, cool and calm. Not the reaction of someone that fears for his or her mate.

Chelsea hadn’t understood what I had, the anger from when someone so much as looks at your mate wrong, everyone in her pack, more or less accepted me. However in mine, they were a threat to her, a threat that I would fight, like Jamie. I know Samuel; he wouldn’t have been able to not talk down about Jamie’s mate. But I also knew that Jamie, was marked and marked in return, he wouldn’t let any type of threat go unpunished. The bravado he normally lacked would eat Samuel whole before Jamie even had a chance to breath.

Which brings me back full circle, “At least he’s loyal to his family.” I watched as the room filled and the professor started class, but all I really saw was Chelsea and Jamie. She had yet to explain what Jamie meant, only saying not right now, after class. What was so bad that she couldn’t even share it with me in class? Then weirder, the two sat rigid, never moving, not even to open a damn notebook, nothing, they just stared forward as if they were each a million miles away.

After a while, five minutes I was worried because Chelsea didn’t even fucking blink one time. Odder? Jamie had his eyes closed for the same five minutes Chelsea didn’t blink. Siting back, I thought about the statement, until a memory hit me.

The ride home from when Andrew and Ethan got shot. My hand clenched and I felt the pencil I was holding snap into two pieces, loud enough to catch the attention of some werewolves but not the humans. The other hand holding Chelseas, flexed around her fingers as I remembered. 

.

.

** FLASHBACK **

Rico laughed, “Please that is and I stress if, Chelsea approves her… Samuel is as good as any of them and you heard Chelsea put him out, then he still had the balls to reject his mate. Dumbass!”

Stay away from Francesca Gabriel! I only want Chelsea! Max growled at me, which was pointless because I only wanted Chelsea.

“Wait! Hold the fucking train!” I did not know this.

“Samuel? My brother rejected his mate? Jamie?” I said surprised wanting confirmation from Rico.

“Yeah, wanted that boy to pick between Chelsea and him like that was the smart adult thing to do.”

“How do you know this?” I asked Rico.

“When Jamie went to walk him out after you went to talk to your girl, I went for a smoke, over heard Sammy boy giving Jamie that fucked up ultimatum. I mean the girl only just saved your mate’s life and you what? Want him to pick you… “ Rico carried on speaking, but I could only lean my head back at what I learned.

“What did Jamie say?” I questioned, and then snorted. I couldn’t believe all this gossiping I was doing but I could not figure out Sam’s end game here.

“Said nothing,”

“Wait, what?”

“I’m not joking Gabriel, he said nothing. Just said “huh,” then went quiet and Sammy did the whole rejection spiel.”