Chapter 1:Finding me

Chapter 1 

       Finding Me

Indigo's P.O.V

             I can hear the crowd calling my name... Indigo! Indigo! Indigo! I stood up on stage, finally realizing who I was destined to be. When I began to sing, every emotion that was kept inside of me came pouring out. The feelings that came rushing out of me, the adrenaline coursing through my veins, the tightness of my heart, the excited churning of my stomach- the spotlight was truly the one place I was meant to bask in.

"Indigo! Indigo! INDIGO!!"

             I shook my head, rapidly blinking my eyes to pull myself out of my daydream. As soon as my mind and reality adjusted itself, I found myself in the hallway of my high school. Standing before me was my best friend, Haley, who was waving her hands frantically in front of me and while saying, "Earth to Indigo!" Haley was a loyal friend that I met in freshman year. Unlike me, she is so adorable and it's hard to hate her.  Her light brown eyes narrowed, though they shined through her thin black-framed glasses and she flipped her long, light brown hair over her shoulder so that it fell down her back to her waist, which was to emphasize her hands on hips are-you-on-this-planet look. 

"Huh? Oh, mianhae," I apologized sheepishly. Okay, so Haley and I are huge Kpop fans and we watch a lot of Korean dramas, which was why we sometimes speak Korean to each other despite not having one drop of Korean blood in either of us. My top bias band is SHINee, and I am completley in love with Choi Minho. Haley likes SHINee as well, but she's more into the boy band Teen Top and is head over heels for L.joe. Overall, we picked up a lot of Korean words just by watching and spazzing, even though we're /sadly/ not Korean.

"Gwenchana. I'm going back to role playing this week so you must must must join now!" Haley replied with an excited glint in her eyes. Ah, role playing~ It's pretending to be someone you're not, in Haley's case, a Kpop celebrity. I really enjoy role playing and based on what Haley told me, it seemed like a lot of fun, and I looked forward to checking her roleplay out. 

"Thanks." I replied with a small smile.

"No problem, but now I have to go to class."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye bye~" With a wave, Haley headed to her class and I turned towards the library with a sigh. I really missed Haley. Now that I'm a sophomore and we have different classes, I barley see her. I missed those freshman days, sleeping in classes, passing notes, pretending to do work. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm a 90 student, but it's just that some days I like to laze off and relax. Come on, all nerds do- don't even try to deny it. However, learning is still very important and I have to keep my grades up. If not, my parents will beat the crap out of me. Yep, I got strict parents, but it's good sometimes. At least I know I'll have a future someday. I  stepped inside the library, where I usually spent my free hours escaping into the world of my fantasies and write stories that came straight out of my dreams. My mind sizzed with imagination, which would explain my constant urge to write. Don't you remember when you were small and watching Barney, and how it always said to use your imagination? I guess I watched too much of that show.

           I was always a shy person. Well, not so shy, but somewhat shy. Whenever someone asks me a question, I respond, and it isn't 'mission impossible' for me to make friends. It's just that I'm kind of a wallflower, always staying quiet- most people barely even notice me. However, once I get to know you, I won't be shy around you. I guess I'm just afraid people won't accept me as me. If I have something on my mind, I'd keep my mouth shut and when people piss me off, I just hold it in without biting back. Not just with strangers, but with friends and family as well.