MMPR Reborn

MMPR REBORN

Chapter 1: Beginnings

Eltar, a bright light shines in the sky and crashes into a temple.

“Could it be?” thought a confused Alpha 5. Alpha lived on Alpha even after Dark Spectre’s attack, managing to evade detection. He hurried towards the temple and his circuits nearly fried, “ZORDON!?” Alpha shrieked with joy as he shuffled over towards him. “Yes Alpha, I have returned” said Zordon in his commanding voice.

“But how?” wondered Alpha “you died when Andros destroyed your tube!”

“Correct Alpha, but I do not know how I was revived. Unfortunately I sense some unwelcomed guests have returned too. I feel them on earth.”

“Are we returning to Angel Grove?”

 “No Alpha our work is done there I feel this evil elsewhere…..”

Three months later, a young man by the name of Mike walks home from school. Neither a popular nor hated person at school, like many, he simply existed. This was fine by him as long as the situation did not change for the worse. As he neared home he was lost in his thoughts when all of a sudden three grey coloured humanoids faced him making a sort of “blublahh” sound. Both confused but focused he let them make the first move. One rushes at him, he thinks, he acts, he throws his heavy bag at it, knocking it over. The other two charge at him and he slides out of the way, letting them crash into a heap. Realising home was not a place for monsters, he ran for the hills in terror. As he ran a sword swung for his head, just able to dodge it. Scrambling to his feet he sees a golden armour plated simian/wolf hybrid barking “putties, after the boy!” Quickly sensing this wasn’t good he ran as fast as his young legs could carry him.

As he ran he heard the putties make their strange sound in the distance. Fortunately he found an abandoned path and he took it. He hid to see a group of putties scramble by. Having little sense of safety, he followed the dark path to find a door with the shape of a human hand in it. He paused for a moment, staring at this door and thought that “I might as well make my day weirder”. He placed his hand in the shape. It shocks him and he instantly removes his hand. Feeling a tremor, the door lifts up shaking the ground as it does so. There is no light beyond the doorway but feeling drawn to it he walks in.

Making his way down a tunnel Mike screams as he feels a presence behind him, but there is no one. Afraid yet defiant, he continues down the path. He eventually reaches the end of the tunnel and there is a path leading left and another leading right. The poorly lighted area makes it hard to make a decision. He swears and brings out a chewing gum to stop him from grinding his teeth away. He chooses right and makes a careful walk down the path. Shortly he enters a brightly coloured room with all sorts of gadgets and computers. So amazed by what he sees he crashes into a robot.

”Watch where you’re going!” bemoans Alpha 5.

“You should do the same yourself” retorts Mike. With a flash of light Zordon appears in his tube. A   shocked Mike asks “who are you?”

“I am Zordon, an intergalactic being just revived after many years of death”. “How did you die?” asks Mike.

“All will be explained in time, do you know why you are here?”

 “Not really, it was either go here or get killed”.

“True, but your destiny led you here”.

“Yes Mike, as a Power Ranger”. Mike starts to laugh and grows weak from it.

“A Power Ranger!?”, “Are you serious?”