Chapter 16

A/N: its like 2am... expect the typos lol

Chapter 16 (Chelsea POV)

            The sky above me sparkles, rays hitting the ocean, turning it a lovely shade of blue. I shift my head to appraise Jamie and Casey injuries further as they approach in human form, Casey taking Jamie’s arm, holding it and a pop noise cuts the rhythm of ocean waves. They both begin collecting scraps of fabric as the near.

“How are you feeling?” Casey asks resting back, but his head to the side, eyes watching me.

“Like I’ve had my ass kicked,” I reply dryly.

“Rightttt,” Jamie snorts, pointing at his banged up body. Cuts, covering his face, legs bloody from my gnawing, the shoulder he’s still cradling. Bruises, some already changing to black. Appearing as if they’re weeks old and not a few minutes.

“Soo…. Did you like your surprise?” Casey sings, doing weird things with his eyes and brows.

“What’s wrong with your eyes? Why are they batting like that? Oh no! Do you have sand in your eyes?” I ask worriedly, sitting up now to face him wholly. He just rolls his eyes as Jamie laughs, or I should try, and then failed.

“How was last night? Did you have fun?” he asked this time without the twitching.

“It- it was like a fairytale,” I sighed as I remembered the lights, music, flower, forgetting that I was with Jamie and Casey. The smell, the sweetness of everything.

“Oh no… come on back day dreamer…” Casey said smiling, his voice full of mirth.

“I’m happy he’s doing things like this for you. You’re like my little sister and I’d hate if he didn’t wait… - not that it’s any of my business- but just rushed you into mating… I mean at least he met his mate in 24 years… try waiting 160 years!” Casey, like Violet had a lack of filter, but when my face remained blank he began rambling.

But it wasn’t that he overstepped, he was looking out for me, it was because there was no way he was saying what I think he was saying. I have Gabriel, but Casey is an attractive guy…

“Are you saying you’re a 180 year old virgin?” I couldn’t believe that! Then again… in the years he has been with me, I’ve never seen him dating, but these days you didn’t need to be seriously dating someone to be intimate with him or her.

“We were born in a different era than you Chelsea,” he said dryly, unlike himself.

“Don’t men have… urges,” I whispered the words, this was awkward. Jack and Casey… this was a topic we didn’t discuss in detail when they came to help me. The explained mates and touched briefly about pack structure and whatnot but nothing personal about themselves. They never brought women home, as I said before, but they rarely went out alone, unless it was when they were visiting family.

“Yes, I do…” abruptly stopping whatever he was going to say, but tried again, “My dad said it was a way to honor his mate. Waiting. It doesn’t mean that if they didn’t wait, I’d feel any certain way about it. Plus I’m not an Alpha like…” he stopped searching my face to see if he over stepped again. He didn’t, I knew Gabriel had sex with other women, but compared to everything else… that just was a dust mite, and we had other issues.

“So you all waited? Even Jack?”

“Yup,” he said popping the ‘p.’ Wow.

“You ready to head back?” Casey asked standing.

“Yeah we can… I need to talk to Jamie though, but we will be right behind you,” I said trying to make it an order, but my voice lacked hardness.