Chapter 4

Mr. Eriksson, never left me alone that night, he was always trying to strike up and old school talk with me and it was annoying. At this point of the night, I would much prefer to talk to Saul. But he was too busy for that, he was with his dad and the other adult weres of the pack.

I was sitting side by side Mr. Eriksson on the family couch while everybody else was off in their own little world. Talking aimlessly among each other. I frowned and crossed my arms, my brothers were making fun of me in the corner.

They think that I can’t hear them, or that I can’t see them but they were wrong. Girls were surrounding Urian like a flock of chickens, laughing at anything he said as he took another gulp of beer.

I frowned, and stiffened when I felt Mr. Eriksson snake his arm around my shoulder. I really didn’t want him to touch me, much less be within one feet from me. But now that he’s practically in my life, I had no other alternative but to stick with him

He was my teacher by day, and now my predator at night. I shivered at the thought, but quickly frowned when a door suddenly opened and my eyes instantly darted to it. The whole room suddenly fell silent when it did, and I couldn’t be more happier to see him.

It was Nikolas. Everyone, even my brothers all stared down on him coldly and hatefully as he walked by awkwardly.

I was surprised when everyone’s face contorted into disgust when they saw him, they even parted their way and cringed when he walked by any one. I didn’t miss the way that his eyes would flash with pain when they did, but they instantly brightened though when they found me.

I smiled back at him, and went to get up so that I could go to him but Mr. Eriksson’s stopped me. He pushed me back down next to him, and pulled me next to his side.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” My dad, Callias, barked at him angrily as he marched forward, his tight fists balled up at his sides. “You’re not welcomed here.” He growled through clenched teeth, my eyebrows furrowed together a my dad’s attitude towards him. I had to do something, he was being mauled verbally already. But I could still do something about it.

“I invited him.” I blurted out, without thinking. I blushed when everybody’s eyes suddenly fell down on me. Even Nikolas’ who arched his eyebrows up in surprise. Definitely not expecting any of that to come out of me, I looked over to my brothers hesitantly and blushed heavily when they all glared me down coldly. Even Callem gave me the cold shoulder.

“What?” My dad spat out as his eyes flashed darkly at me. “I-I invited him?” I whispered softly, suddenly feeling small. My dad suddenly narrowed his eyes super hard down on me, and I instantly wanted to go and crawl up into a ball or a fetal position and cry my eyes out.

He never looked at me like that, and it hurt. But I didn’t want him to do anything to Nikolas. Callias sighed roughly and looked back at Nikolas who gave him an awkward hand wave.

“We’ll be taking this outside.” He whispered to him, his face suddenly changed however when he looked back up to the others in the were pack and gave them the most forced and faked smile that I have ever seen from him.

It was so unnerving, “everyone please continue with the festivities, while i’ll be taking out the trash.” He laughed, as everyone shrugged it off and went off and back into their own little world. I frowned worriedly when my dad grabbed Nikolas’ wrist and yanked him out to the frontyard.

I had to do something, “everyone please continue with the festivities, while I’ll be taking out the trash.” He laughed, as everyone shrugged it off and went off and back into their little world.