Chapter One

Hey! So this is my first story on this site, and my first 1D fanfic, so lemme know what you think about it :D ~~thebookwormy

~~~~~~~~

 "I wanna save ya, save ya, save ya tonight..." I sang softly, adjusting the volume on my headphones to block out the sounds of the city around me. Not that there were many; I was currently on my way to the hotel from the local grocery store, and it was around 9:30 at night. I readjusted the bags in my hands so I could cover them against the chilly wind that had sprung up, berating myself once again for not taking Dad up on his offer to drive me.

“Real smart, Spence. It’s only been getting colder and colder every night this week. No reason to think that it might be, I don’t know, freezing tonight.” I rolled my eyes at myself, snuggling further into my jacket. I contemplated getting my phone out and calling my dad for a ride, but decided against it. It was only a few blocks back to where he and I were staying after all. And it had absolutely nothing to do with my pride. No no.

I smiled politely at a couple walking by me, and waved at their little boy. Laughing when he smiled back and crossed his eyes at me, I continued on my way. A few seconds later, I got this weird feeling, like someone was watching me. I glanced around surreptitiously, not seeing anyone. One look behind me told me that the family had disappeared as well. Biting my lip, I sped up a bit.

Suddenly, every little noise around me seemed ten times louder and more threatening than before. I flinched when a squirrel ran by me, and bit back a scream when a bird flew in front of me unexpectedly. I stopped and took a deep breath.

“Stop it, Spence. You’re just freaking yourself for no reason.” I smiled slightly and continued on.

And was grabbed roughly from behind, arms circling around my neck. The scream building up in me was cut off instantly as something foul was stuffed in my mouth and I was wrenched backward, toward a dark alley. My eyes were wide and my heart was galloping in my chest. I tried to pull free and run for it, but the arms shoved me roughly to the ground. My head hit the brick wall and my vision went blurry.

"Hurry up, hurry up! Just get the stuff and get on with it!" I heard a voice say. It was male and sounded gruff and annoyed, maybe even slightly worried.

"Relax, Mikey, no one saw us. The street was deserted… except for this lovely broad." This voice was much more arrogant, and I shuddered at the tone it was taking.

I felt a hand trail down my face roughly. I glared in the general direction of the voices, but couldn't make my eyes focus on anything.

"Look, I got a bad feelin' about this! Just check her pockets and let’s get outta here!" Mikey said, clearly agitated.

"Look, if you don't wanna be here, there's nothing stopping you from leavin'," the second voice ground out harshly. "Now, where was I…"

Suddenly, hot, putrid breath was skating over my face, and I gagged and raised my hand, slapping at what I hoped was a face.

"Why you little--"

And then I couldn't breathe. His hands encircled my neck, jerking my head around viciously. My head hit the brick wall behind me once more, and I sank blissfully into the safe, numb darkness of unconsciousness.…

*1D*

“OMIGOSH IT’S ONE DIRECTION!!!”

“… Crap.”

“Run!”

Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Louis tore off down the road, a trail of crazed fans running after them.