Where is the Originality? (An Extremely Short-Story)

~*~* This was my reaction when I checked Wattpad today, please do not take any offense if this happens to apply to one of your stories. Good day. And Thanks xHelloworldx for the cover! :3 *~*~

My eyes should've started bleeding and my brain melting and dripping from my nostrils, but luckily this was reality—or maybe that was an issue. "My god, what the fuck's happened?" I just couldn't believe it, leaning back in my desk chair with a stray sweat bead falling from the side of my face. My head was throbbing from the menace in it all, expecting my brains to drip out of my nose after all, but I kept intact enough to stare through my glasses at the lap top screen before me. My creative part of my being wanted to dive into the internet and wipe out everything, much like the meteor wiping the dinosaurs from the face of the planet.

                My hands slapped to the desk and I leaned forward glaring at the screen, specifically at the story I had just read the summary of on Wattpad. "This sounds like a different story I was just checking out!" I couldn't believe it and had to click a few times to go through my browser history, skipping the sites rated-R of course, and clicking on familiar titles, my jaw gaping and my eye twitching each time. I was right; it would appear that teens were very focused on the whole "nice girl falls for bad boy" theme, just like with a few other fan-fics I'd read last night.

                With a groan I opened the IM box that was always at the bottom of the site's page and searched for my friend whom in the back of my mind I regretted introducing to Wattpad; it was because of her my home page was recommending guyXguy stories—but she was (and still is) one of my only friends and I felt like complaining. Instead, I found that the box was replaced, some Meeblo thing instead. I had no idea what it was or how to work it, so instead I let out a groan, looking away from the laptop screen and rubbing at my singed eyebrow, my nose sniffling from the dust caused by furniture moved previously today.

                "Great, no originality anymore..." I let out a sigh and opened my now dulled brown eyes and turned back to my computer screen, unfortunately noticing my friend's recent activity involving vampires, a bile of fear for my account's future rising up—but not because it was about gay sex. In fact, it was half and half, that and the summary that caught my eyes. A story involving someone loving another but being betrothed to somebody already, and the two never-can-be's fighting for their right to love each other...I let out a long shout before my head connects with the open area of the desk, my shout not dying out until I mutter "whatever" and log off, my forehead red from the impact and my glasses crooked; at least I still had my zombie-rp to look forward to...