Epilogue #3

[A/N: Okay so finally, here is the third epilogue, aka the legendary proposal which'll be in Niall's POV. After this, I might do one last epilogue of either their wedding day or when they adopt/have their first kid plus a bit of Larry mentioned (in Zayn's POV). Vote for which one you'd like! ;)]

• • •

May 2015

NIALL'S POV

I could barely concentrate on what the lecturer was droning on and on about. I absent-mindedly tapped my pen on the wooden desk, my mind miles away.

I knew I should concentrate, because these were the wrap-up classes before this year's mid-terms, and basically a big deal. And the people who said the second-last year of college would be toughest shit you'll ever face, they were absolutely spot on.

The third year had be busy like a bee. Between assignments to extra classes, I literally had no time to visit my family and boyfriend back home, but of course I always squeezed in a call twice a week.

And speaking of Zayn, Malik, my adorable boyfriend of three years, he was the damn reason I couldn't concentrate on a thing that was coming out of the lecturer's mouth.

My mind was still racing, wondering if what I was about to do will go smoothly. Will Zayn even say yes or reject me? What if he found out I was lying to him about knowing about his powers all along (I technically could remember glimpses but still) and dump me for that?

"You're over-thinking again," my ginger best friend reminded me with a nudge, and I jolted out of my thoughts. Thankfully, we were sat at the very back of the seminar hall.

"Huh?"

Ed rolled his eyes. "I can see it on your face." He then lowered his voice to a whisper as he leaned closer. "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts, man."

I bit my lip. "Not really. I want this. I finally want to be with Zayn, the permanent thing. But... I just had this thought. What if Zayn realises that he doesn't want this? I mean, we're really young. He's just 19, and--"

The bell rung, cutting me off. I ran my fingers through my hair, leaning my elbows on the desk.

"Mate, you're spewing stupid shit right now, you know that right?" Ed said bluntly. "You guys really love each other for what I can tell when I'd met Zayn. And I can tell that that boy would do anything for you so yes, he's going to fucking marry you!"

I laughed at Ed's choice of words, lifting my head up and offering him a grateful smile. I got up and gathered my stuff.

"Yeah man. You're right. I just, I guess it's just the nerves talking and yeah. I won't over-think anymore, just do it," I said firmly and Ed made a sound of approval, patting me on the back as we made our way out of the now empty hall.

"You're heading out today?" Ed asked and I nodded with a grin.

Yes, I was finally going to propose to Zayn today. I didn't see any point in prolonging it and also for having second thoughts. Zayn said he loved me more than he could put into words. And me? I would literally die for Zayn... no pun intended.

I dug my hand in my pocket for my phone, un-conciously tracing the small velvety box I always keep my grandmother's ring in.

I had told my mum about my plans and she had literally broken down in joy, hugging the life out of me. But such are mothers.

She had then given me her wedding ring, that was my grandmother's ring given to my father. And now, it was mine so I can put it on the finger of the love of my life.