All Your Fates

All Your Fates by TheKarada

1,068,819 reads 8,225 votes 869 comments

After being rebuffed by the girl of his dreams, David Blunt seeks second, third and forth chances with Emma(s) in alternate realities through a rift in the walls of the multiverse.

They say in life there are no second chances. But what if you had blown it with the girl of your dreams? What would you do knowing that she was out there, in other realities, realities you hadn't screwed up? That kind of thing could really mess you up... and it could make you do "some crazy."

Down-on-his-luck David Blunt is as loser as a loser you can get; recently kicked out of school and fired from his dead end job, David's been squatting in his flop-house apartment, avoiding his landlord and subsisting on stale fortune cookies and cheap street meat for weeks. But when David reads a fortune that predicts an epic future for him, he starts to think that his luck is about to change.

Emma Gossett is a spirited world traveller full of wanderlust, and never stays put in one place long enough to form any attachments. Her lovable and eccentric Gran insists this is because she was hidden from the Norns as a babe to keep them from naming Emma's fate, a fable Emma puts little faith in. But when Emma meets David, her faith in reality is shaken to the core. Does this rambling cynical romantic hold the answer to the prevailing sense of déjà vu she's been feeling lately? Or is it just something else, as her new and mysteriously sensual acquaintance Gabriel insists? Perhaps he holds the key to the mysterious sensations she has felt of living another life alongside her own.

All Your Fates is a multiverse mindwarp with supernatural elements that one reader commented: "This story is twisting into ways a pretzel couldn't even try!!"