Ruthless boss boyxboy

Chapter 1

Cormac Magrel needed a distraction. Tomorrow. Irritation and impatience thrummed through him in time with the drumming of his fingers on his desk.

He needed a distraction. How?Who? None of the normal beauties would do. There was none among the socialites that he could entice, bribe or blackmail. Bend to his will.

He had the perfect plan. The money, ripe for the taking, was meant to be his, and he wouldn't get it unless.....

The conversation a few days ago with his brother replayed in his mind.

" The old man is getting worried," Eric had said. "Something about your relationship status."

"My status?"

"Yeah. That is your lack of one." He chuckled.

"I do have one. It's. . . single"

"Well the old fossil is thinking about cutting you out of his will."

"What!"

"Yeah he says he needs to know that the family line is going to be continued. You know how the old get, 'family is everything'. "

"Of course." Cormac injected a dry note into his voice. " Presumably why he has been trying to set me up with some socialite dim wits."

" Bad timing too isn't it?"

" Yeah with the company about to launch its newest product"

" Stocks are going to crash if the news gets out that the CEO isn't going to inherit the family business. Lack of trust."

After the telephone call Cormac had spent a long time staring out at the gloomy skies of Edinburgh.

He imagined his father rewriting his will and Cormac's name specifically not included. It was absurd that he wanted to exclude the first born from the will but Cormac wasn't worried about the inheritance. He was worried about the stocks. Good stocks brought good money but bad stocks brought none. No money meant no work and his work was his life, his breath. And as for what his father was doing...

He stifled a curse, one hand balling into a frustrated fist. He wanted no interruption during the launch. It was a fantastic opportunity, but it was more than that. It was a chance to prove who he was ...and who he wasn't.

He was the best CEO the company had ever seen. He could be even better if given the chance, if he grabbed it.

He needed to make that launch undisturbed. A few hours after the call from Eric, Cormac had made some calls. He had decided to go to the family weekend his father had organised, when his father was going to rewrite the will. It was almost time and now all he needed was an ornament to get his father off his back.

To get the launch done.

To seize his future.

He was signing some papers on his desk when he stopped. Smiled.

Considered.

He had the perfect plan. The perfect distraction. His father just didn't know it yet.

"I'm glad you're doing so well, Dan," Li said into the phone. He swallowed past the lump which had risen suddenly-stupidly-in his throat. It was ridiculous to feel sad. Dan was happy enjoying college life, doing all the things college boys do.

This was fair. He hadn't worked hard but Dan had. Dan was at college and he wasn't. This is how it always was.

Dan said,"I ought to go, I'm going to see some friends."