Chapter 7

A/N: So thanks everyone that's reading, commenting and voting. I thought for sure I had lost everyone without posting the story after all this time. 

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 7 (Gabriel's POV)

We ran past Casey and Jack, both wearing masks of confusion, and the fleeting image of Casey darting to Ava at my left, was chased away by memories.

MATE! MATE! MATE!

My concentration was split into two parts. I couldn't explain it, it had never happened to me. However the way I was feeling, that panic as I fruitlessly tried to reach Chelsea over the link but found nothing, no response, I remember feeling that helplessness before.

Strawberry, cocoa and peanut butter... Katie.

Intolerable anguish. My cold heart ached.

Chelsea! Chelsea! Sweetheart! My fury sweltered. I used the fire.

I berated myself; I knew I shouldn't have left her with Aunt Cami! When she turned to me, I should have demanded we stay together. I should have stayed in control! Control! I wanted to use my ability. Now is not the time! I should have used it.  Not yet! Run! Run! Run!     

I howled ferociously. No matter how fast I ran, I did not feel that it was fast enough, because it wasn't; but I was going neck and neck with Marx. No longer required to follow him, I was able to pull ahead. The moment his house came into view I felt panic, not relief. I heard two heartbeats; one slightly elevated the other, out of control, much, much too fast. Relief wouldn't come, be until I had my mate in, my fucking arms. Even then, it wouldn't be complete until the person that put her in distress, was taken care of.

CHELSEA!

Neither Marx nor I stopped to get clothes. We ran to the deck shifting mid air into our human form, landing on the deck, rushing into the house. Naked.

"CHELSEA!" CHELSEA! Please, please answer me!

My fright and uneasiness, only increase, coldness takes over my entire frame when I hear Aunt Cami crying, "Chelsea!!"

"Chelsea! Wake up!" her voice hysterical, desperate. Dread fills my insides. I follow Marx robotically.

"Cami! Cami!" Marx shouted our eyes darting over his home, searching for our mates. Listening trying to follow her voice. He shouted, but I couldn't open my mouth again, the only thing that came out was choking noises. Pathetic.

"Oh thank Goddess! Marx in the medical room! Hurry!" Aunt Cami screamed, revealing her location to us.

"Marx grabbed the door nearly ripping it off of the hinges. My aunt's head whipped in our direction. Relief evident in her face and she releases a heavy sighs. Tears rolling down her face.

"Why are you two naked?" she scrunches her nose, hiccupping still. Both Marx and I faltered, "How?" Marx whispered looking at his mate as if she were a puzzle. But then my eyes from Chelsea. Mate! Mate! Mate!

"Later!" Aunt Cami brushed off Marx.

"She-she is-is so hot a-and I-I woke up. Sh-she won't wake up!" she bawled.

Go to mate! Go to mate! My wolf ordered me. As I took Chelsea into my arms, realized Aunt Camilla was right. We were warm creatures, running a bit higher than humans but Chelsea was burning up, her body was limp in my arms. The only thing that moved was her chest. I placed my hand on it, feeling her heart racing, pounding, faster than mine and I had raced to get here.