Chapter 11

Sabas P.O.V

I hated him. I didn't want anything to do with him. He pissed me off to no end. He made me want to drink bleach anytime he came around me.

But I cared about him. He was my best friend. He knew things about me. 

But no matter what, I would never forget how he left me. I would never forget the night before and how he made me feel good and like complete shit at the same time. 

I got a text on my phone from Michael.

It had been 2 months since he came to  my school and it was finally spring break. 

He asked if I was going to a girl from school's party and I replied with a no.

15 minutes later, there was a knock on my door.

"What do you mean no?" Michael said when I answered the door

"Michael! My mom is home, go away" I franted, making sure she wasn't walking by to see me interacting with boys.

"But-"

"Go. Away." I said sternly, pushing him out the door and locking it.

I went upstairs to my room and sat down on my bed only to immediatley here a banging on my window.

"MICHAEL WHAT THE FUCK?" I yelled as I saw the crazy boy standing on my bedroom balcony.

"I climbed the tree onto the roof and jumped onto your balcony," He shurgged "now are you going to open up and let me force you into going to this party or not? Because I don't like showing up to parties alone"

"Go bring one of the other guys with you" I sighed, opening the window to let him slide into my room and locking my bedroom door in the process so my mom wouldn't walk in and flip shit. 

"Can't. Harry and the boys are off to Europe to meet up with their managment tomorrow morning and I don't feel like hanging with Luke, Ashton, and Calum. I deal with them daily. Besides....I'd rather spend the day with you" He smiled.

"Flattered and all, but I'm still not gonna show. The only reason why I was even considered to be given an invite is because I'm apparently friends with famous people"

An hour later, I ended up going to the party.

"Hurry up" Michael whined from the other side of the door

"You're the one who forced me to go with you. Deal with it" I yelled back

My mom had left to work an hour before and I was free to get ready and let Michael walk around the house without being afraid of my mom screaming at me. 

¨Your house smells like spices¨

¨Welcome to an Ethiopian household¨

¨It smells nice¨ He was silent for a bit ¨my house smells like ass¨

¨Michael!¨ I laughed

¨Its true. Are you done?¨ He asked me as I tied my shoes

I followed him out the door and we both decided it would be better to take a taxi.

We used to walk or take the bus, but after an incident where a crazy fan tried to rip out a piece of Lukes hair, no one was comfortable just being out and about without security anymore. I wasnt bothered by it, but it was quite a change since I am used to taking public transportation my entire life.

During the taxi ride, the talk I've been dreading for days had finally begun.

¨No more bullshitting Saba," Michael turned to me with serious eyes ¨what the hell is going on with you and Calum. You're a good person and you're my friend, so I'm not sugarcoating. You're acting like a complete bitch. I don't know why, neither does Calum, but I don't like seeing my mates upset, especially when it's another one of my friend hurting them. So help me understand what he did to see if it's justified. I know he ditched you for us but he apologized several times and now everything is really stupid and confusing¨

I shook my head and turned away, chuckling at him. I put my head against the window, watching all the buildings we passed by. 

¨I never thought you of all people would turn against me¨ I whispered to him, still chuckling slightly.

¨I'm not against you¨

¨Excuse me?" I moved forward and tapped the taxi driver on the shoulder ¨please drop me off right here¨

¨Saba, what the hell?¨

¨Is the gas station over there all right with you ma'am?¨ The taxi driver asked

I told him yes and hopped out the car the minute we pulled up to the station.

¨Thank you¨ I told the driver as I slammed the door shut and walked to god knows where.

I walked for a few moments until I heard footsteps run after me. I turned around and rolled my eyes. It was Michael.

¨Saba, what the hell are you doing?¨

¨Get back in the cab¨

¨I paid him and he drove off. I'm not letting you walk in the streets alone¨

I looked up at him. He was idiotic.

¨Are you dumb? Everyone in the fucking world knows you are in Sydney, aren't you afraid some fan is going to attack you?¨

He sighed deeply and I groaned.

"i just want to be alone"

"What was that?"

"I said I just want to be alone" I yelled a little louder this time.

"Please, don't yell at me. All I wanna do is help"

"I don't need your help"

I was a strong girl. My mother always told me I had The Warrior soul, which is exactly why I would be damned if I ever found myself crying in front of somebody.

But today, all my walls were broken.

I sat on the curb of the sidewalk in front of the gas station and Michael's warm embrace surrounded me and I let him touch me.

For the first time in a long time, I was finally able to let a man touch me.