“Oh.”

“Yeah…So anyways, we should really hang out! And omg, I so have to talk to you about the guys in Spain. Talk about H-O-T!” I laughed

“Sure Mads! How ‘bout I'll come over in a bit and we can go to the mall to go shopping?” I asked

“Perfect! Uhhmm, but mind if my cousin comes along? There’s no one else here at home and I’ll feel like such a jerk if I leave him alone here.” She asked hopefully.

“Uhm, sure!”

“Great! See you later Kayce!”

“You too Mads!”

   I got out of bed and went to take a quick shower and brush my teeth.  I wore a pair of black skinny jeans, a purple tank top and put my hair into a high pony tail. I didn’t really bother with make-up since I was just going out with Mads; so, I stuck with some eyeliner and lip gloss. I checked myself in the mirror and after I approved of my appearance (not that I’m one of those self-absorbed people who try way to hard to look their best; I just don’t want my best friend, who I haven’t seen for the whole summer, to see me look messed up), I dashed out of my room and went downstairs to find my mom reading a book on the dining table.

“Hey mom!” I kissed her on the cheek “I’m going to Mads today kay?”

“Sure honey.” She gave me a happy smile

“I’ll try to be back before dinner!” I called out from the hall as I reached the coat rack for my black leather jacket and placed my beige messenger bag on my shoulder.

I went over to the table beside the front door and got my car keys from the top. Yes, I am happy and proud to say that I, Kaycee Wright, now officially own a car. A silver Mazda MX-5 to be exact. My mom spared me some cash and got me the car a few days ago and I’m officially in love with it.

I went in and started the engine and not even 15 minutes later, I was parking my car in front of Mady’s house. Did I forget to mention that she only lived a few streets away from me? And that she lived in a huge mansion? Other people would say that I had a pretty big and homey house; but Mady’s house was bigger since it was only me and my mom living in mine. I usually wouldn’t have brought my car along and would have walked instead; but seeing that we were going to the mall afterwards, I thought it might come in handy.

After I parked my car, I went up to the porch and rung the door bell. Usually, I’d just let myself in; but seeing that she had a guest over, I didn’t want to seem rude. I rang the door bell 3 times before the door was opened by a tall, tan and gorgeous guy. I was eyeing him like he was an ice Popsicle in the middle of summer. After about 10 seconds, he coughed, obviously realizing that I was checking him out. When I was finished checking out his body, I went up to his face to see that he had a smirk on, and I immediately tore my gaze to the hallway behind him as I broke the silence;

“Uhm, Is Madison ready?” I asked shyly

“Oh, you must be Kaycee. I’m Chavez, Madison’s cousin” He grinned at me, showing off his pearly whites. Arg, does this guy not see how uncomfortable he’s making me with his killer looks? Wait, did he just say cousin? HE’s Mady’s cousin? Oh my gosh. So, she wasn’t exaggerating when she told me she had the hottest cousin in the world when she called me up while she was touring Spain.

“Uhh, yeah. Nice to meet you Chavez” I said shakily while he chuckled

“You too. Anyways, Madison’s in her room. I guess you already know where that is;  seeing as you guys have been friends for like what? 7 years?” He smiled

“Haha, yeah."  I let his words sink in. "Wait, how did you know that?” I asked; this is my first time meeting him, yet he already knows things about me without me even saying anything.

“Trust me, when you have a blabber mouth for a cousin, she’ll need a bunch of topics to talk about. And you seem to be one of her favorites.” He winked at me while I blushed.

“I HEARD THAT CHAVEZ! I AM NOT A BLABBER MOUTH!” I heard Mads scream from her room. “-and stop stalling poor Kayce will ya? Kayce! Come up here, now!”

“That’s my cue. See you later Kaycee.” He grinned at me and dashed off upstairs; I’m guessing to his room.

I went upstairs and stopped in front of her door debating whether or not I should knock.

“Come in Kayce!” Huh? I didn’t even knock yet. How did she know I was already here?

She laughed from the room “Don’t worry Kayce, I’m not psychic or anything if that’s what you were wondering.” Which I was. “I heard your footsteps from a mile away! You really should consider keeping your feet quiet.”

I blushed; were my footsteps really that loud? Instead of answering my own question, I stepped into her room to see her unpacking her stuff from her luggage. She was facing away from me so all I could see of her was her red hair in a messy bun and her petite figure looking smaller than usual. Hm, I guess she must've lost some weight over the summer.

“Uh, Mads?”  She glanced at me and I smiled when I saw the same cheerful and perky face I've been so used to for 7 years.

“Yeah?” She asked while stuffing some of her shirts in her walk in closet. Yes, she has a walk in closet. She also has a balcony, a huge flat screen tv on her wall, a Jacuzzi in her huge bathroom, a huge king sized bed and a dance floor. Amazing huh?

“Don’t you have like, uhm, maids to unpack your stuff for you?” I asked. She usually had her maids doing most of her work, a chef to do most of the cooking and driver to do most of the travelling.

“Well, I copied your example.” Huh?

“You see Kayce, I know for a fact that you give your maids and the rest time off because you don’t think it’s fair for them to be working during the summer, the season of fun and joy. So, I decided to give my maids a time off as well.” She grinned at me while my facial expression turned to one of shock.

“Wow Mads, that’s really....amazing” I grinned at her while she chuckled.

“I learned from the best” She winked at me.

   After 3 hours, we were finally done unpacking all of Mady’s clothes. Why did we take so long? Well, there was the fact that Mad’s is never a light traveler and she was a heavy shopper so she had at least 6 luggage’s when she came to Spain and now, she has at least a dozen. THAT, and because we took a quick break to catch up on the gossip and stories we each experienced over the summer.

Just then, Chavez came in the room looking....well, how we was the way I last saw him; gorgeous.

“Hey, are you guys still going to the mall? Mind if I tag along? I met some people yesterday at the club and they want to meet up there.” He asked with one of his charming smiles.

“Yeah, sure. You ready Kayce?” Mady asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“Cool. Let’s go! Whose car are we taking?” She asked. I was about to volunteer to take my car when Chavez beat me to it.

“We can take mine. I’ll go down and start it up while you guys finish up here.” Then he dashed off.

Me and Mad’s raced to get down stairs and as usual, I won. I also beat her to the front seat but that victory back fired when I realized I was going to be sitting next to Chavez.  The car trip was sort of awkward with Chavez right beside me, and for once, I was thankful for Mady’s blabber mouth preventing the awkward silence. After 15 minutes, we got out of the car and made our way to the mall.

     30 minutes had passed and we just kept strolling around the mall. Unfortunately, Chavez was still with us since he can’t seem to find the people he was looking for. As I was helping Chavez looking for his buddies, he tapped me on the shoulder.

“There they are.” He told me and Mady as he pointed to a group of guys just a few feet away from us.

“Hey, guys!” He yelled to get their attention; which he did. The first guy turned his head around and I froze as I recognized who it was.