Five: Ouch

Five

"I....I don't want to go in there, Adrian."

He froze, and slowly slid back out the door, turning around to face Isa. His face was set in a livid expression as he walked up onto Isa, cornering her against the building, right next to the entrance. Her eyes were wide, heart beating out of her chest as she tried to lean away from him.

With Adrian, she was never sure what he would do, but he looked murderous; all because she said she didn't want to go.

Adrian's hand trailed up her body, before resting his hand against her neck, tightening his grip slightly for just a moment in warning before speaking. His voice was velvet, but as he spoke, it washed over Isa like ice. She shivered at the sound, "I didn't ask you what the fuck you wanted to do, Isaline."

Tears of fear pooled in her eyes as she looked up at him, pleading both silently and aloud that he would listen to her, "Adrian, I don't want to. Something doesn't feel right. I can't. I-"

"You want to sit in the car and wait for me?" His voice was so soft Isa's brows furrowed at the foreign sound. It was like he actually was worried for her, for once.

She nodded, unsure of his change in attitude. "It would be in your best interest that you learn very quickly that I don't give a rat's ass about what you want, Isaline. Now when I go in here, you'll walk right behind me and not speak to anyone, otherwise I won't be able to protect you. Understand?"

Fear was taking over. Isa's instincts were telling her to haul ass, but she couldn't because of the man towering over her. The tears fell out of her eyes, and her pink lips trembled, but she nodded, gripping his shirt in her fists, "You promise you'll take care of me?"

He glanced down at the tiny brown hand that had fisted his shirt, then back at her, "As long as you do as I tell you, otherwise I can't."

Isa rested her head on Adrian's chest, taking in his comforting spicey scent, "Adrian I'm scared."

A sound of irritation rumbled through his chest as he pushed Isa away from him, "Let's go."

With tears still streaming down her hot cheeks, Isa followed by Adrian, gripping the back of his shirt in her hand for comfort as they stepped into the entrance of the building.

It was a dark place, so dark it took Isa's eyes minutes to adjust. There was low music playing in the background, and upon peeping around Adrian, Isa's gaze landed on a large stage in the center of the room where a tall, pale, naked, willowy woman was dancing around a tall silver pole. Isa's eyes almost fell out of her head as she watched the woman gracefully mount the pole, and do some tricks Isa couldn't even figure out the science behind.

"Adrian-"

A man cut Isa off, not hearing or seeing her, and appearing in front of him, "Adrian!" He crowed, clapping Adrian's back so hard Isa flinched, though Adrian didn't even move.

"How is everything going?" The man asked. Isa couldn't see his face as she had disappeared behind Adrian the moment the new character had appeared.

"Perfect," Adrian responded curtly, "You know why I'm here."

"Of course! Come on ti the back and- my, my, my, who is this?" He had finally noticed Isa, "Adrian, where did you get this beautiful little creature from? What's your name, child?"

Isa peeped around Adrian, and came face to face with a man that he bent over a little so he was at her height, staring at her questioningly. The man was large, dressed in a brown suit, with copper hair that had silver streaks, and shining chocolate eyes. The crow's feet and streaks of grey hair seemed to be the only true give-aways of the young looking man actually being in his late forties, or early fifties Isa guessed.