Switched - 13

"You never lose by loving. You lose by holding back."

                                                                                                 --Barbara de Angelis

-----------------------------------------------------------------OoO---------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter XIII

Tapping on my keyboard for hours got my hands feeling numb and cramped. Van and I were chatting about nonsense stuffs on Skype though we could in fact use the phone to talk – which would’ve made it much easier for us. She insisted on chatting because, I quote, “I don’t want my jerk of a brother to overhear. He’s an ass, you know?”.

Taylor wasn’t really that bad. He was nice to me. There was even a time when he helped carry the groceries and walked me home. And another when he joined me for lunch because her sister called in sick and I was a lone soul at the cafeteria. No one really dares to talk to me. I bet you know why.

CloDG: You must be kidding me. He did that?

VaneMe: *nods* Really.

CloDG: Oh my God! When? How come I don’t know about this?

VaneMe: Maybe you’re with Louis?

CloDG: *pouts* You could at least have told me!

VaneMe: What? To entertain you? No Clo. No.

CloDG: It was a chance for you Van! You should’ve grabbed it.

VaneMe: No. You’ve had a lot of chances. But look, you’re still single.

Really. On my face? Telling me I’m single? Wow! That’s really what best friends are for – to spit cruel things on your face without feeling a pinch of guilt. What can I do? I’ve rejected each and every guy who turned to me and confess. I actually haven’t given that much thought, the ‘no’ just came out naturally. Perhaps, there really wasn’t one of them for me.

CloDG: Thanks for the reminder.

VaneMe: Sure. Pleasure’s mine. ;)

The door in my room flew open which made my me halt. Peeping on my door was Lou grinning like an idiot, “Hi Angelica.”

I rolled my eyes. As far as I can remember, Angelica wasn’t on my birth certificate, and neither was on my baptismal, “You’ve got the wrong girl Rey.”

His nose wrinkled. He had always hated being called Rey. One was because the name sounded too old for him and second, I quote, “It makes me look uncool.”

Talk about cool dudes. As if Louis was such a cool name – it wasn’t either.

He straightened up and walked towards me. He stood behind me leaning over my shoulder to see what I was doing, “Who’re you chatting with?”

“Van. As usual.”

A little taken aback, a shiver ran through me when I felt his hands around me. Well, not really around me, it was on my both sides, his hands on the keyboard. My eyes widened when I saw what he was typing.

CloDG: I’m in love with the twins.

After smacking him straight on his cheek, he took a step back. Probably startled by my sudden sadistic way of making him move. He was so out of his mind to say that! I haven’t even told Van about him having a twin! My hands were on the keyboard to start typing before Van could rep – …