It's Me Just Trying to Be Responsible.

"Dhalia, how are you?" I asked. "Good! I'm good, how are you? How's the baby?" She asks, making small talk. "Uh, good, yeah he's great, he's growing, oh my god I swear that kid doesn't stop growing." I laugh. She laughs too. And it was genuine. 

"Listen, for what it's worth, I'm so sorry, for everything with Justin, I saw it more of a competition, and he was the prize, I didn't even put into perspective that I was ruining a family, and, I just feel- horrible, I'm so sorry Nicole." She says

I was shocked I just stood there and nodded. Still speechless I just looked at her. "It's okay, I mean yeah- It's fine, we never really got along before so, but thanks for the apology." I said.

"Nicole." My name gets called from a stranger across the counter holding a bag and my drink. "Thanks." I say taking my items from him.

 "I'll see you around." I say to Dhalia heading towards the door, and she spoke again. "One more thing, if you didn't already know, Justin and I split, awhile ago actually. He's in a different place now, I think he may actually be ready to be apart of his sons life, I know it's none of my business, but maybe you guys should talk, and give him a chance to prove himself.

I had so many things in mind. I could say something like 'I gave him too many already'. Or just say 'goodbye Dhalia'. Instead I chose to just nod and then walk out, But I did say one last thing, "I tried." and then I left the shop.

I drove home, thinking about what Dhalia said and all the different scenarios that could take place if I ever decided to give Justin another chance at being a father. None really seemed appealing, minus the one where he actually was ready to be a dad and stepped up. But that didn't seem likely.

Yes, I wanted the big happy family my son deserved, but maybe I needed to just be happy with my son. I drove over to Ambria's, the thoughts still running in my mind.  I placed the bag on the dining room table and walk towards the living room where I see my son lying on his blanket for tummy time. 

"Hi baby!" I say sitting on the floor picking him up. The smile on his face was the definition of my happiness at this point in life. "Hi!" Louis says as I roll my eyes. "I bought you something as a little thank you." I say standing with Chandler in my arms. 

"Oh, is it something for the bedroom?" Louis says winking. "You're gross." I say. "You're the one with the baby lady, you have literal proof that you are no longer pure." Louis says standing laughing. 

"Fine, I'll just keep the chocolate chip muffin all for myself." I say turning and walking out of the room. "I'm sorry!" Louis says, no longer laughing and following me out of the room.

I place Chandler in his car seat that was left on the table from when I dropped him off earlier. "Again, thank you for everything, you're a guys don't know how much I appreciate you guys helping me with him." I say strapping the baby in. 

"Today was just me. Ambria had to leave." Louis says. "Oh- well thanks." I say handing him the bag of muffins. "I appreciate you!" I say while picking up my sons car seat and walking towards the door. 

"I'll text you when I'm home!" I say walking to the car. "Sounds good!" Louis says before closing the door.

I got Chandler in the car and started heading home. After a few minutes, I got to the first light, If I turned right I could get to Justin's If I turned Left I'd be home. I put on my blinker, and turned.

Right.

***I know it's SUPER SHORT!!! BUT I'M REALLY TIRED CAUSE SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING, BUT ENJOY...... HOPE YOU LIKE IT, WILL NICOLE GIVE JUSTIN ANOTHER CHANCE OR WILL SHE STAY WITH LOUIS THE GUY WHO'D RATHER DIE THAN SEE HER IN PAIN.***