The Boy Who Cared For My Bruises and Scars <3

I walked through the unfamiliar halls of this new place I would roam everyday. It was a new sight, a new smell, a new feeling, and a new sound. A lot for my brain to take in as I saw everything going on in this school. I saw cheerleaders putting loads of make up on their already perfect looking faces, and guys checking them out while doing so. A group in the corner was reading books and looked to be doing homework, which I presume are the nerds. And the skater kids were outside, well, doing their thing. Those were just a few groups I saw in this hallway of cliques. Which one would I fit into? I'm not sure what I am. I'm not preppy, or too girly, not that smart, or like skateboarding, sports aren't really my thing, and I've never really been good at making friends. Where would I fall into place in here? This question haunted me, giving me the knot in my stomach I expected on the ride here. Dana, my mom drove me here for my first day, just making sure I would be okay. Because that's the kind of person she is.  

She's not really my mom. She adopted me when I was 7. My mother and father were alcoholics, and I was abused when I was a child. Dana was my neighbor at the time and knew something was going on. We became close, and later on she had permission to adopt me. So it was that way.  

I moved into her house when I was 7, and three months later moved about 2 hours away. It may have been a long drive from my old home, but it wasn't far enough. I could still feel their handprints on my arms from them dragging me to the closet to sit and do nothing for hours. They were always drinking, and always blaming everything on me. Dana gave my life a new start, a whole new perspective at life. She taught me how I was supposed to live my life. I learned how to be a normal child, what a closet was really for, and how a mother should treat her daughter. Over the years we've become very close, Dana became my best friend. I could tell her anything. Well almost anything. 

At my old school I moved to when I was 7, I met this boy. His name was Rob. He was a football player, and he was very popular in this school. The first day I came to this school, he noticed my right off the bat. His eyes stared me down and he just kept grinning at me. Soon he was approaching me, as his friends watched with big smiles on their faces.  

"And what is your name pretty thing?" he said with his hands in his pockets.  

"Sky," I said shyly. Not knowing any better than to talk to this boy. He looked okay. "Sky Penny." Rob introduced himself and then took me over to meet "the guys". I became very well known in his group. I was very popular in the school too. But I didn't have any good girl friends. They all talked to me, but I would only hang out with Rob and his 'guys'. I didn't know it wasn't normal. I just thought I was lucky to be hanging out with them. 

Soon middle school came around and Rob asked me to come to his birthday party. It was a friday night, and there were plenty of kids there. But he hung around me all night. I felt very special. He just made me feel good. Later in the night, he asked if he could talk to me. I agreed and we stepped away from the group of kids and went to his playground on the other side of the yard. We both sat on a swing and he looked right into my eyes. His eyes were dark green, piercing and bold. They were glistening on this night, and I loved it.  

"So Sky," he said in with his boyish cute smile. "I think we should start dating. Because I like you, a lot. Do you like me?" He looked at me, just waiting for me to say yes. I thought about it and looked around. Rob started to look impatient. I quickly answered after I saw the annoyance in his eyes. 

"Yes. I do."  

"Good. So now you're my girlfriend. I'm your boyfriend. Got it?" He said grinning now. I nodded. I didn't know what this really meant now. I had never had a boyfriend and hew as a pro at being one. What would we do? I didn't want to kiss him! That was too gross. This kid was starting to have facial hair. But I did like his eyes, and I did like the way he made me feel. So I wanted to make him feel the same way. So he was my boyfriend and I was his girlfriend. But Dana didn't know, and I wanted it to stay that way. I didn't want to talk about Rob, ever. I don't know why. I just felt it needed to be secret. But soon the secret was out.