Dracodonius Chronicles Beginnings

Mage Eye:

The Dracodonius Chronicles

Beginnings

By

Kristopher R. Adknison

Wattpad

Edition

Published by Kristopher R. Adkinson at Smashwords

Copyright 2012 Kristopher Adkinson

Editing by Amy Cummins

Smashwords Edition, License Notes

Thank you for downloading this free ebook. Although this is a free book, it remains the

Copyrighted property of the author, and may not be reproduced, copied and distributed for

Commercial or non-commercial purposes. If you enjoyed this book, please encourage

Your friends to download their own copy at Smashwords.com, where they can also

Discover other works by this author. Thank you for your support.

I would like to thank my best friend Donald Murphy and my son for supporting me in getting me to bring my world to you, the reader. Without their support and urgings for me to bring this project out to the public, I don't think I would have made it this far. So, once again, a big thank you to Don and Kristopher Adkinson.

An introduction......

When I was thirteen years old, I read my first novel. It was the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien and was purchased for me by my father for my birthday. I consumed that book in a little over a week and fell in love with the world of Fantasy fiction. I furthered my love for the genre by being introduced to the table top RPG game Dungeons and Dragons. It was during this time that the world of Dracodonius was born. Even though it was simply known as Magivus, I was creating it as a gaming world for my players. I was the DM or Dungeon Master of our little group and my imagination ran wild.

Over the next several years, the world developed and pages upon pages of notes were taken. Our gaming group broke up and I was left with this world in front of me. I continued with it as stories that I would write when I was bored or had some free time. I changed the name from Magivus to Dracodonius and created the name of Mage Eye, which is a play on words, so to speak. Primarily, it represents Gemini, one of the main characters of the book. His eyes are what most people see first and it usually gives them the creeps. He is also a Mage or Wizard. The second part is the way the word sounds. Mage Eye or Magi means wise man. I actually started this project as a book series when I was about twenty two years old. I took some of the older stores and compiled them into a continuous flowing story line. It was a series of short stories about Gemini. He was also the character I used when I played Dungeon and Dragons and is almost an alter ego for myself, hence the name Gemini. Geminni is the astrological sign for twins and I consider him my twin self. I started forming these short stories into expanding ideas and taking some of the notes and compiling them into the world you will soon be reading about.

This project, in general, has been a great experience for me as well as a boon, considering I started it when I was the age of 13. As of this writing, I am currently the age of 38. Contained in this book will be some notes and other material for the reader to consume before the release of the novel series. Book one is 'Mage Eye: The Dracodonius Chronicles-Part One-The Journey Begins'- hopefully released at the end of 2012. The items that are listed in this book were to originally become the appendixes for book one but I thought I would release it as a beginning so readers can get acquainted with the world of Dracodonius. In this book you will find maps as well as a history and some of the basic history of some of the characters portrayed in the novel series. Why am I releasing an appendix based book before the actual novel? Is it because I think that people will not understand the book? Not at all. I have a lot of hype building around this book and this is just one more piece of the pie to wet the appetite of readers as well as those that have been following the progress of the novel since I went public with it almost five years ago.