Easy {3}

Sure enough, confirming my nightmares, Mary came upstairs with Mason trailing after her. He grinned when he saw me.

                “Nat!” he said.

                “Hi Mason,” I mumbled shyly.

                “Since when do you two talk?” Mary asked curiously.

                “Since today! I felt it was about time we talked,” Mason said, dropping into the chair in the corner of Mary’s room.

                “Sorry about Mason,” Mary said with a sigh. “He kind of invited himself over. He asked if we were all hanging out then just…showed up.”

                “I’m spontaneous,” he said brightly.

                “I think you mean annoying,” Mary said.

                “Nat! Am I annoying?” Mason asked, turning his attention to me.

                “No,” I said, trying not to blush.

                “And there you have it,” Mason said, gesturing at me. “Nat doesn’t think I’m annoying.”

                “Nat doesn’t know you like I do,” Mary pointed out.

                “I don’t think you’re annoying!” Claire said.

                “Claire agrees too! You’re outnumbered, Mary!” Mason said triumphantly.

                “But Claire and Nat haven’t been forced to grow up with you,” Mary said, sitting on Mason’s lap.

                “Insulted and downgraded to a chair,” Mason said with dramatic sigh.

                “Consider it a lap dance. It’s the closest thing you’ll ever get,” Mary said, patting his head.

                “Oh, harsh,” Mason said, grinning. “I’ll remember that next time your mom is riding my dick.”

                Mary turned to us with a sigh. “Mason likes to make me uncomfortable by saying disgusting sexual things about my mom.”

                “Sometimes her dad,” Mason said, his grin growing.

                “You are so hard to deal with,” Mary said.

                “Yea, your mom thought I was hard too,” he said.

                I couldn’t help but laugh a little at that. I wish I could have quick wit like Mason did. Instead, I couldn’t think of anything funny until far too late.

                “See? Even Nat here knows that I can get with your mom,” Mason said at the sound of my laughter.

                “Nathaniel Jason Douglas!” Mary said sternly, glaring at me. “Do not encourage him!”

                “Hey, your middle name rhymes with my first name!” Mason said.

                “Aw, my big boy knows how to rhyme!” Mary said, ruffling his hair.

                Mason stood up with Mary in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he carried her over to the bed, setting her down.