All We Leave Behind - Epilogue

Epilogue

I sat in Adam’s office in New York. It was mid April.

“So, you ready to be a Father?” Adam smiled, he was looking great again.

“I don’t know if anyone is ever ready but I think I’m as ready as I’m going to get.”

Adam received a phone call at his desk. “Great. Ok, we’ll head there now.” He met my eyes. “That was Susan, they are ready for us. Shall we?”

“Sure.”

We left his office and went down the street just two blocks to this classy bistro. We’d rented it out for my book release party. I was expecting Sarah to be there but I was surprised to see Edward, Mark, Jen and Rachel amongst the guests.

I smiled knowingly at Adam. “You dog you.”

He was grinning at me. “Hey, you deserve it.” I hugged him and joined the group.

Standing there and chatting amongst my friends and lover I realized just how much my life had changed in the short seven months since my brother died. I’d gotten over grief, I’d found happiness in the arms of a woman, and I’d learned to leave the past behind. I winked at Sarah and mouthed the words ‘I love you.’

Acknowledgements

Thanks to my wife Lisa for her unwavering support during this lengthy journey.

Thanks to Jeff Morgan for the wonderful author photo.

Thanks to my readers, Sarah Farnworth, Jeff Hammell and Christopher Sills for giving me the honest advice needed to keep me on the right track.

This novel is dedicated to my mother and father. Thank you!