Chapter 24

So the long awaited moment comes, 

ENJOY,

“Hey. Um, Avery?”

I mumbled something jumbled and turned my body away from the voice. I tried keeping my eyes closed hoping that would be enough to get rid of the person waking me up. I felt someone pushing my back gently making me shift my blanket over my head trying to get away from the person. But they didn’t stop there and kept trying to wake me by trying to pry the blanket off of me.

“Damn persistent bastard,” I muttered irritably. My head was still groggy but I was sure I heard someone laugh in response making me more annoyed. I just want to go back to sleep, I thought desperately. Finally, I cracked my eyes open the slightest bit and lifted the blankets away so I could look out the window pane.

It was still pitch black outside and the bastard behind me was still trying to wake me up. I decided to ignore it and pretend I fell back asleep. I heard a defeated sigh from behind me and smiled smugly in victory until I felt myself being untangled from the sheets and lifted.

I let out a yelp and glared at the person whose back I was now on. It was Seth, I thought almost disappointed. Well there better be a damn good reason he woke me up so early or he would really get an earful. I saw him flash a smile in the dim lighting and I clenched my fists together angrily. Damn bastards enjoying this!

“Seth!” I yelled now fully awake. “Let me down!” I screamed pounding my fists onto his back. I screeched louder when he started to laugh and lead us towards the entrance of the plane. I groaned when my eyes met a bright light and started rubbing them.

The smell of charred meat filled the air causing my stomach to growl. “You’re really not a morning person are you,” Seth commented. I could hear the amusement on his voice making me pound on his back harder. I tried to claw at his back but it seemed to have no effect on him. “Calm down we’re almost there,” he said rolling his eyes.

I was released finally and put on the sand in front of a now blazing fire. The smell of burning wood made its way to my nose immediately and I took in the size of the flames. My eyes widened as I gazed at it. It was larger than any fire I’d seen before, taller than me and just as wide. I looked over at Seth who just shrugged and suddenly disappeared instantaneously. I looked around to see where he could have gone, he was here less than a second ago and he just evaporated into nowhere. I don’t think I can ever really get used to that.

“He already left.” This voice I quickly recognized. A smile slipped onto my face as I turned to see Hadrian walking towards me. My eyes moved away from him as I took notice to the large blots of red stained onto his clothes. He didn’t seem hurt so it couldn’t be his blood, I thought worriedly.

I looked away and eyed the fire instead. I looked at him questioningly and looked back to the flames in front of me. “Yeah, the fire is my doing,” he said answering my unsaid question. “I thought it was kind of cool.” He moved over to stand beside where I sat as I unconsciously trailed my eyes up from his feet to his eyes.

“Where’d Seth go,” I finally said nodding to where he stood a few moments ago. I watched Hadrian as he took his time answering.