MOVIE >scene166> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis made his way through the halls, down the staircases and into the Ellis wing, where he found Vivian sitting in a chair. When she saw him come in, she stood to her feet, a smile on her lips.

Without a single word, he had her shoved against the wall, his fingers wrapped around her neck.

"What? You're going to kill me?" She asked, a smile still on her lips.

But then again, if looks could kill, I would've been dead by now.

Lexis' face was still. Not a slight emotion to spot. There was no anger, irritation or vengeance. It was simply empty. Terrifyingly impassive.

"You knew her reaction was going to be like this?" He asked.

"Give or take." She replied. It was becoming harder to keep a smile on her face with his fingers curling around her neck. "I guess Charles didn't get there in time. You see, I was actually trying to help–"

"Why did you tell me?"

She wrapped her hands around his arm and tried to pull it away. "Move and maybe I'll tell you."

Finally, she was able to get his hand off. She sunk to the floor and rubbed her neck, gasping for air. When she finally had her breathing under control, she looked up at Lexis, a pissed expression plastered on her face.

"I wanted to show you exactly who you were falling for. It seemed like you misunderstood what type of person she really is."

"What's it to you?"

"If you found me someone you're incapable of being with, then for sure you wouldn't..."

"I wouldn't what?"

Vivian stood up, then slowly made her way to the sofa. "If I tell you, I'm not her loyal friend anymore."

"You should've avoided backstabbing her in the first place."

"I wasn't the one to shatter that glass. I just told you about it."

"Are you saying you've told me a method this crucial about her that'll uncover part of her personality expecting me to never do it myself?"

"What I'm saying is," she looked over at Lexis. "If you thought I was bad, then you have no idea just how much worse she is."

On the other side of the Academy, Fayth and Charles were just leaving the infirmary, and heading into the piano room.

Charles stared out of the window while Fayth randomly played piano notes. He thought about what Vivian told him, and he found himself shocked to the bone over and over again.

"I didn't know." He mumbled, more to himself than to Fayth.

"What exactly?"

"That it happened that way, your birthday."

Fayth's hands froze, caught by surprise. She looked over at Charles. "Did–did Vivian tell you?"

Without turning around, he nodded. "She did. She told me everything."

Fayth's heart began beating faster, threatening to burst out of her chest. She swallowed whatever wetness was left in her throat and looked back at the piano.

"I'm sorry." Charles breathed. "I'm so sorry–"

"Don't." Fayth stood to her feet. "I don't think we should see each other anymore."

"You're going to run away from me now that I know? Like you did with Vivian?"

"I should have found a better way to keep both of you out of my life. I shouldn't have stayed this long after you came into this Academy."

Charles turned around and stormed towards Fayth, angrier than anything. "Don't ever fucking say that again."

Fayth looked at him. "I've decided." She clenched her fingers into fists, took a long breath in and said. "I'm done with this thing called love, with putting effort into constant lies, and especially with pretending that things can be okay again." I'm not okay. "I'm just going to go back to being Fayth."

I'll never be okay. And that's okay.

....

That's okay.