Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

This chapter is dedicated to ChristiSWilliams thank you so much for reading and enjoying my work.  I appreicate your comments so very much!

The Gold District - The Lucas, Jacob, Kaelen, Kevin and Anthony's Office

Jacob stared around the table within his eyebrows knitted together. "Where'd Kevin go?"

"He said had something to do in his lab," mumbled Sebastian as he stared hard at his device.

Jacob sent a puzzled frown toward Sebastian, "Anthony can you please explain to me why you brought Sebastian with you today?"

Anthony shoulders raised and fell as he looked down at his hand held bored, "Because Acadia and the rest of the council are still meeting about the peaceful acquirement of Zurich into the Alliance."  He waved a hand toward Sebastian, "His training with her was cancelled today and Kevin said he was too busy."

Lucas nodded as he looked up his device, "Aren't the Zurich’s a race of fire creatures that kept to themselves?"  When no one readily responded Lucas shrugged,  "I guess I'm the only one that read Tyrese and Chanel's report?"

"It was 84 pages condensed," frowned Anthony as he turned his device to show Lucas the report.  "I'll wait for the bullet points and for us to acquire them."

"Okay," chuckled Lucas.  "But I guess him being here makes sense."  Lucas waved a nonchalant hand in Sebastian's direction.  "Pay attention you'll learn a lot," chuckled Lucas.

"I doubt it," mumbled Sebastian before he went back to his device.

"What are you reading anyway," asked Jacob as he read Sebastian's upside down device.  Jacob looked at his device and back toward Sebastian's.  "How'd you find that?"

"Oh," laughed Sebastian as he looked up from the pictures of naked woman.  "I did a search," he turned the device toward Jacob and showed him how to do a search on his device.

"Interesting," mumbled Jacob as he mimicked Sebastian's step.

"We're supposed to be working," snapped Kaelen as he threw his hand held on the table.

 "Exactly," nodded mockingly Jacob after he'd found several different vids, pictures and articles.  "Plus this office is too small we should move to a bigger one since we keep getting uninvited guest."

Kaelen looked round at the 1500 square foot office, which still had another 1800 square foot they currently were in with a frown. "Maybe we only need a bigger table," suggested Kaelen as he pointed to the round cramped seven seat table.

Jacob stared at the table with a dubious look before he turned toward the two work stations, "Saia!"

"Yes, Lord Jacob?"

"First don't call me Lord Jacob," responded Jacob.  "Second please order us a larger conference table that sits at least twelve along with new chairs."

Saia turned to stare at Jacob with a calculating look, "And how much should I spend on said table and chairs."

Jacob tapped his chin as he gave it thought.  "I don't know just go to Booker's and find something."

"Not Booker's," interrupted Lucas excitedly.  "Go to Ushers!"

Anthony nodded lazily in agreement. "Yes," drawled Anthony as he leaned back in his seat to.  "Please go to Ushers.  I'd prefer not to have to work at some gaudy ass table that does unnecessary things like massage my temples with uncomfortable chairs."  Anthony lips twisted into a scowl as he looked at Jacob, "Are you still sleeping with Gladys?"