Chapter 17

"did you really hiss at the jeweler?'' i asked Loki. we had gotten on a certain speaking level, he hasnt touched me in about 2 weeks, surprisingly and in those two weeks, eh...nothing much had changed. no,not really. he still hadnt used my name in a single sentence and we only spoke when i went out. but on the downside if he left the room, he wold have some servants stay in there to entertain me, it was actually the other way around. i talked with them, told them jokes and discussed other things. for some odd reason or another i didnt have male assistants, that was pretty obvious, sif sat in here with me whenever she could, today we actually had a full on conversation, she sat on the bed with me and looked around.

''You've seemed to have settled just nicely.'' she said, fingering the hem on my dress, it wasnt really my taste, pastel orange and gold, with another gold sash in the middle. i looked at her in question, ''You wish to go back, to midgard, am i right?'' she asked. i flushed and pursed my lips. ''yeah...sort of,'' i say. she perked a little. ''what is this sort of? does something trouble your judement?'' she asked. i'd had been about 2 months since it got here. stuck with Loki, the god of mischeif, i'd been hurt, insulted, assaulted with no chances of ever returning home.

i could name of some my best friends that i missed dearly,Erin,joel,my siti's big brothers, azrer and adine. even marco. he was a bit of a jerk but he was my friend. but these past weeks he hadnt insulted me, or hit me or berated me, i guess we were kind of getting along i just dont know. i couldnt put my finger on it why i was hesitating on my answer, it was so obvious i wanted to go home, right? sif sighed impatiently, '' Ok then let me poll this of you, is it your Mind,or you're heart thats trying to make a descision?'' she asked. ''come on girl talk, thats what mortals do right?''

i smiled and nodded. ''okay well whats holding you back?'' she asked, crossing her legs, she looked at me. ''i really dont know, i want to go home but i want to stay here for some odd reason.'' ''you love him.'' she blurted out. i stared at her in an outlandish matter. ''excuse me?'' i asjed her. i knew what she said but i kind of wanted her to repeat it. ''you love him. despite everything, i see it. outside of the kingdom. the way you've stolen glances at him. i see it. in your eyes, in your soul.'' i scooted the opposite direction a little bit. In books, i read that sif was the goddes of war, not once in the book did she say that she was a stand in for cupid. ''But i cant love him. i'm a human. he cant love me because...i i'm-'' ''a human.'' she finushed for me. ''you do know that thor is a demi god right?'' she asked. i nodded. ''of course i knew that.'' i said. ''i just,'' she stood, ''Think about it. i'm sure your stubborness will subside. goodnight.'' she waven and headed out of the door. i sat on the edge of the bed. i got up slowly and went to the closet to get my night clothes, sifs words were weighing down on me.~

Sif sat with her back up against a wall,as if she'd been waiting for me to get back, she had an ossified look on her face. ''You seem troubled.'' i say uncaringly. she scoffed and laughs bitterly. ''i spoke to aorabelle.'' she said simply. ''yes. and? theres a point behind this all.'' she pushed herself up from the wall. ''i'm not going to repeat our conversation on a warriors honor but i will say this to you. You'd better get it together if you want her to accept you. she may be a midgardian, but i can see it. you cant and wont find another girl like that in all of the nine realms. ever.'' she turned and walked silently away. i cracked my door and saw aorabelle sitting by the window. she looked back and smiled a small sweet smile. i just stared at her.

*Creepy much?*