25-smiling no more

“3 seconds to run” I growled at a smirking Ratliff “1, 2, 3” I lunged at Ratliff still soaking wet drenching his clothes “see it’s not funny now is it?” Ratliff shook his head “and we promise never to do such a mean thing again?” Ratliff held out his pinkie and pinkie swore “all better” I jumped up beaming helping Ratliff up off the sand and turned to see that Ross had Rocky pinned to the ground and was making him eat sand. I started laughing at this and then decided it was time for the torture to stop no matter how much I was enjoying it “Rossy let Rocky up” he wasn’t listening “Ross let go” still not listening well then he brought this on himself. I slapped him. And I slapped him hard around the head he released Rocky and turned to glare at me “what?” I asked pretending to be all innocent “you slapped me HARD!” He got up and stalked towards me “you weren’t releasing poor Rocky” I started walking towards him poking his chest when we were close “you don’t get it” I laughed “don’t get what Ross? Please tell me what don’t I get?” I looked at him straight in the eye “see even you don’t know” I said after a long pause “talk to me when you finally realise the thing I don’t get” I stormed off to my house going in and slamming the door shut. I slid down the wall tears streaking down my already soaked face; I pushed my hands through my hair a puddle of water around me staying in the exact same spot crying my eyes out. I also felt stupid though we argued over such a small and pointless thing.

Rocky’s P.O.V

“What the hell man!” I yelled at Ross who was still staring at the same spot Matti had stormed to “I don’t know” he whispered all the anger he had vanished “I’ve screwed up” he slumped onto the sand head in hands. “I’ll go talk to her for you don’t worry man” Ratliff said walking off in the same direction Matti went “you are such a muppet lil bro when will you learn?” I sat down next to him. Riker and Rydel were statues Ross has never ever blown up like that before and especially not at a girl. He screwed up but let’s hope the damage is fixable.

Matti’s P.O.V

Someone knocked at the door “no one’s home” I yelled “Matti I can hear and see you” Ratliff chuckled “shut up smartarse” I grumbled getting up opening the door “what do you want?” I asked “errm I would like one pepperoni pizza” I held my hand up cutting him off “I’m not talking food mustache boy.” He chuckled a bit at the nickname he acquired “oh ok well look outside the window” I did as I was told and saw a very sorry looking Ross my heart cracked a bit. I sat by the window staring out at him “I told him to come find me when he finally realised what I don’t get” I murmured never taking my eyes off of the scene happening outside Ratliff joined me “well think of me as his brain” I chuckled at this “so brain what don’t I get?” I asked “you don’t get how much he cares about you. He really likes you Matti” he moved closer to me “you don’t get how difficult it is for him to relate to your situation new girl in a foreign country best friend dying of terminal cancer.” A tear leaked out of my eyes joining in with the ones shed earlier “his life’s been all smiles and rainbows Matti but he is trying so hard to help you through rough days and smile with you through happy days” I smiled at Ratliff “wow brain you are deep” he bowed “I try my best” I got up “well let’s go talk to the body then” I walked out that door with Ratliff and headed off to where I left Ross.

I walked up to where everyone was “hey stranger” I whispered taking the spot next to Ross which Rocky had occupied earlier “Matti” he murmured at me looking really upset “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to be such a jerk” I pulled him into a one sided hug “it’s cool I know it’s difficult dating someone like me” I sighed falling to lie on the sand looking up at the darkening sky “not going to lie it is so hard” I bolted upright and turned to him standing up “blow number 2” I said storming off and not looking back.

I slammed the door and slid down it yet again tears streaking down my face. I pushed my hands through my hair sobs escaping my mouth I curled up into a ball crying and crying and crying. The tears never easing up. I just lay there in my ball of misery. I soon recovered though enough to stand up and enter the bathroom where I discovered a razor. Ross was the final thing to tip me over the edge not the death of a friend, a foreign country or the bulling no it was my boyfriend yelling at me and making me feel dumb. I slashed my wrist once, I slashed my wrist twice, I slashed my wrist over and over again and even that didn’t make me feeling better. No matter how many times I did it I never felt any better. Nothing made me feel any better; I dropped the razor and sat on the lid of the toilet legs pulled in to me crying.

I just sat there and cried. There was a knock at the front door but I didn’t answer it I just continued crying blood streaking my jeans and bare skin my wrists still bleeding I didn’t even notice the bathroom door opening till I heard a gasp. Wiping my eyes and getting blood on my face I looked up and saw a very shocked Rocky “hey Rocky have you found her” Riker called he then saw Rocky’s form “what’s up dude?” he then saw me he went as white as a ghost “oh no. Matti look what you’ve done” he murmured softly approaching me and lifting me into his arms blood soaking his t shirt he carried me out the front door and to the Lynch household, Rocky right behind him. He pushed the door open “have you found her?” Ross asked bounding in from the living room he then saw me and froze before rushing over to me “oh my god Matti” he cried “I’m so sorry” I just buried my head into  Riker’s chest hiding not wanting to see anyone. I got deposited on the sofa Rocky staying with me while Riker looked for the first aid kit. Tears continued streaming down my face, I felt broken, I was broken and the Lynches knew it too. Rydel walked downstairs followed by Ratliff they spotted my flaming hair “you found Matti!” Rydel squealed running round the side of the sofa Ratliff following after her till they actually saw me they froze dead in their tracks.

The room stilled everyone frozen in horror Ross beating himself up about what I did, Riker still looking for that god damn first aid kit, Rydel and Ratliff disbelieving their eyes and Rocky trying to calm me down. Lucky for us Ryland had an American Football practise. I couldn’t stop crying or shaking my world crumbling around me till the world was no more I had no energy no strength to carry on the fight I welcomed darkness where there were princesses and fairy tales awaiting me away from my own personal nightmare I had created in the real world.

A/N thank you for all waiting patiently. i know this wasnt what you expected but i decided my story has got to stop being all rainbows and hugs and smiles because nah you dont want my life story but im sorry if this chapter disappointed but i swear Matti's life will get better. the rating has now been changed to accomadate the themes now included