chapter xvii

Chapter 16

They Don’t Believe In Us

We were all settled down on the comfy chairs of Starbuck, sipping away at our beverages. I had opted for a hot chocolate as I needed a major sugar rush and as the name suggest they are hot, so I used the cup as a hand warmer.

“Er, Lindsey and I are going to go somewhere now, see you all later!” Gerard smiled at me and took Lindsey’s hand; I looked up from my cup, once more.

“Look after Hope everyone.” He winked at me as him and Lindsey walked off hand in hand – looking like a real cute couple.

“What does that mean, Hope?” Mikey piped up, pushing his glasses further up his nose, the others all looked confused too.

“Are you okay Hope?” Ray asked, a little bit of guilt in his eyes.

“It’s none of you.” I smiled warmly at Ray and Bree. I had a feeling I knew what Gerard was on about, he didn’t want them leaving me out.

I sent a quick text to Gerard, thanking him immensely for always being there and helping me out, the others got back into conversation – occasionally including me. I started playing around with my phone, plugging my headphones in and quickly texting Emily. I hadn’t really hung out with her much since I had met Gerard and Mikey.

I sent her a quick text: ‘Hey wanna meet up?’

She responded instantly with: ‘Sure thing, see ya soon in Starbucks?” I chuckled slightly to myself.

‘How convenient :P’ I typed, feeling slightly bad that she had to walk through the cold while I was already in Starbucks feeling comfy and warm.

“I’m going to meet up with Emily now,” I tapped Alicia on the arm when I saw Emily enter Starbucks a few minutes later – yeah, the lucky bitch lived near Starbucks.

Everyone waved me off as I stood up greeting Emily with a fist bump, gangster style.

She ordered a hot chocolate to take-away and we stepped out into the icy cold, I pulled my jacket closer around my body as we begin to talk about everything.

It truly was great to finally catch up with my best friend, and not have to worry if I ever said something wrong about Gerard – I could freely voice my opinions.

-

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I took Lindsey’s hands, warming them up in my own.

“Thank you,” She smiled gratefully.

“My pleasure,” I smiled back.

It was a cold morning and Lindsey kept yawning and leaning back into me. I really think I love her, also with Hope encouraging me to make my move on Lindsey because she was sure we shared the same feelings all I really had to do was just pluck up the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend - which would be a dream come true.

I was planning on doing it today, maybe.

“Hey, Geebear, your phone is vibrating.” Lindsey passed me my phone which she had been playing some game on.

“Can you check it?” I asked, as my arms where refusing to move from being wrapped around her tiny waist.

“It’s Hope, saying thanks and that you’re the best friend ever and she loves you.” I chuckled, taking one arm away from Lindsey to text back a quick reply, and then turning off my phone so that I wouldn’t get interrupted again.

“What’s that all about, then?” Lindsey questioned.

“Well, really just because Hope feels left out sometimes, especially now because of the Ray and Bree – you know everyone is a couple.” Suddenly I blushed, realising I had said everyone was a couple. Crap.