Escaping Destiny

The first one or two chapters won't be anything special more than likely; more of an introduction. It's possible they'll be a 'flash forward' meaning you'll see a bit from the future and then I'll go back to the present. It just depends. Also, the first part with the teacher is important and you'll see why later on in the story (when I get finished writing it).

Kyne pronounced: Cane

- - - - - - -

- Small introduction -

Destiny? Fate? Simple-minded, are you not? This was not a coincidence of me just happening upon your street that night, no, it was much more complicated than that. It was meant to be; we had it all planned out all we had to do was give the signal for the final part in our plan to commence action. However this didn't go as smoothly as we planned simply because something got in our way. To be more accurate by something, of course, I mean you. You just had to go act brave and let your stupidity show by rebelling against us. Can't you see now? This is where you belong; this is where you have always belonged. We shall not stop until once more you're in our grasp so that you can fulfill the destiny that belongs to you and can only be accomplished by your hands and nobody else's. One more time, I ask one more time; won't you please give up on your pathetic life as a human and join us?

- End of introduction -

"I said I didn't mean to, gosh, won't you please just overlook it?"

A middle aged man with thinning hair and rather large square-shaped glasses glared almost hatefully at the one that had just addressed him as if he had been threatened or made fun of in some way. The one that had just spoken, however, was looking extremely annoyed. His medium level jet black hair ruffled, his hands in his pockets expectantly, and his icy blue eyes narrowed. "No, I will not overlook it. What you did isn't acceptable and we will make no exceptions, now please sit down, Kyne," he growled sternly.

"Not acceptable? I didn't even do anything that bad-" Kyne began but was cut off abruptly by the teacher.

"I said sit down," he repeated harshly and stood there waiting for Kyne to return back to his seat so that he could carry on with the rest of the lesson that he had attempted to teach to the class. Kyne uttered not a single word more to him, instead made a small 'tch' sound and slowly walked back towards his table, grumbling something under his breath. A young male with light brown hair and amber eyes glared at him with a smile sitting on his face full of satisfaction.

"You know, Kyne, you really ought to keep out of trouble," he murmured teasingly, obviously mocking what Kyne's mother had told him the morning prior. Kyne threw a cold stare at him silencing the boy almost immediately and wiping the grin right off of his face. He wasn't in the mood for this kind of stuff, and he wasn't about to receive some sort of 'tease fest' from Liam, his best friend.

"I'm not going to like this class," he grunted lowly as he finally took his seat and glared at the teacher's desk so it might seem as if he were actually paying attention to the lesson.

- - - - - - - - -

"Kyne!"

The sudden outburst made Kyne turn around in high hopes only to realize that it was Liam, his childhood friend. Disappointment must've shown in his face because Liam nudged him in the ribs rather painfully. "I'm so sorry my very presence depresses you so," he said sarcastically and did a rather low bow.

Kyne frowned obviously unpleased with Liam's little 'act' but at the same time a spark of amusement twinkled in his eyes. He slapped Liam upside the head, "People are glaring, cut it out," he muttered.

Liam stood straight up again and glared at Kyne for a moment eyeing him carefully before shaking his head as if he had just been answering someone's question. "I do wonder," he practically whispered, making it apparent that he wanted Kyne to hear him.

Kyne raised an eyebrow out of curiosity. "I'm surprised you can wonder about anything seeing how you lack the brains to do so," he mumbled. "However, I might as well hear what it is. So, what is it you were wondering about?" he questioned.

"When you changed," he responded. Kyne started to cut in but wasn't given the chance seeing as Liam continued speaking. "I just don't recall the Kyne I remember caring what people thought about him," he stated. "Or his friends," he added rather quickly seeing Kyne open his mouth again. "That's not all either; you've changed personality wise too." Liam's expression suddenly became unexpectedly serious as he glared into Kyne's eyes with what appeared to be concern. "Is something bothering you, man? You seem to be a little out of it lately," he said.

Kyne gave him a hard stare taken aback slightly that Liam had actually noticed that he was acting a bit different. True, Liam was his best friend and if best friends didn't notice this kind of stuff they probably weren't truly your best friend. However, Liam was more... out there. To him it was as if it was his world; not meant in the self-centered way. He was just someone who didn't pay a lot of attention to the details of life he just looked at the big picture. "Nothing is wrong... Just a little tired is all," he lied. Kyne hoped it hadn't been obvious because even Liam could tell when he was lying. To Kyne's shock he didn't receive some sort of lecture; Liam just looked at him for awhile without saying anything.

Liam had opened his mouth as if finally deciding to say something but wasn't allowed the chance because of the voice of yet another person that sounded familiar, too familiar. "The king has just arrived! You may all bow down to my awesomeness. Come now, don't be shy." Kyne turned sharply just in time to see Matthew strutting down the sidewalk; hands on his hips acting as if he were all high and mighty.

Liam and Kyne stood there for a moment as Matthew approached them. Kyne pinched the top of his own nose trying to regain control of his sudden rage that was growing rapidly. "Oh god please not this, anything, but not this," Kyne whispered desperately looking up as if something was about to happen or someone was going to appear out of no where.

Nothing happened and no one showed up. Kyne dared to look at Matthew who was now standing in front of him. His head was held up proudly and his eyes closed so he couldn't see anything, not that he could see anything with that dark brown hair hanging in his eyes anyway. "What... could you possibly what now?" Kyne asked sounding exhausted.

Kyne couldn't merely blow off Matthew as he did with others; Matthew, despite his MANY flaws, was an important and treasured friend of Kyne's and Liam's. "What do I want?" Matthew repeated sounding astonished as if he expected Kyne and Liam to automatically know what he was there for. "I wanted to come and hang out with my friends," he said cheerfully as he wrapped his arms around both of their shoulders and pulled them close.

Liam narrowed his eyes, obviously suspicious. "Now, get real," he grumbled. "What do you really want?" Liam asked almost regretting it.

Matthew looked from Liam to Kyne and back again. "Honestly? There's trouble and I'm afraid it has to do with the both of you," he said in a hushed voice