Chapter 56: Scared of Lonely

"Are you gonna tell me?"

I had just woken up to find myself laying on Michael's chest with a thick blanket over us and his hand rubbing on my leg. He was watching the Three Stooges, but unlike the many times he had watched it, he wasn't laughing his ass off. He was just sitting there staring at the screen as if he was not fazed by any of that at all.

I had cried for at least an hour in his arms. Listening to to the agonizing sound of my sobs being muffled by his shirt and the sound of his mellifluous voice sshing me and telling me that everything was gonna be okay. Eventually I had gotten to the point to where I tuned us both out and sleep began to fall upon my eyes. Apart of me wished I could have just slept forever.

Without looking at him I moved my body closer to him, wanting his scent to be the only thing that I smelt. " Liyah?"

"Hmm?"

He began to set up, pulling me up along with him. "What's wrong?"

I sighed and looked at his concerned stare. "Do I really have to talk about it?"

His eyebrows rose as he gave me quick nods."Yes!"

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Michael..."

"Don't Michael me....you just can't walk up in here and burst out cryin' like that, and not tell me what's wrong."

My face turned doleful. "Michael, I-"

He placed his hand over my mouth. "Ssh," he whispered. "the only thing I wanna hear come out your mouth is an explanation."

I rose my eyebrow at me, pursing my lips against his hand. "I can't speak with your hand over my mouth."

He gave me a mere smile and let his hand drop under my chin. He began caressing my bottom lip. "Talk." he ordered.

I sighed heavily, running my fingers through my hair. "Sasha and Liana called and said that they needed to me and Leena something." I began as I straightened my torso and rested my head on my hand. "So we get there and they tell us that the find out why Danielle went back to New York."

"And..."

"And..." My face became a little pitchy as glanced up at the ceiling while I spoke. " apparently...we have a little sister."

He gasped. " Really, Liyah? That's great! So, you have baby sister?"

I shook my head. " Oh no, this ain't no baby. She's sixteen years old and already got a criminal record."

His smile faded and his eyebrows furrowed. "Criminal record?"

"She robbed a drug store. Almost got sent to juvenile, but apparently she didn't do it and there was no evidence of her being apart of the actual crime."As I explained to him the details he only sat there and threw bewildered expressions at me. Especially when I began talking about how she had been bouncing from foster to foster home after her grandparents died. "Her name is Alana."

"Alana?"

I nodded. "Liana is supposed to be going to back to go meet her, and while she's doing that Sasha will stay here so the child protector services here could check out everything and make sure everything is secure for her to move in with them. That would probably take three weeks. "

"So it's Aleena, Aaliyah, and...Alana?"

I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head, getting the point he was making. "She apparently liked names that started with 'A' and 'L'."

He chuckled. "Wow."

"Yeah, so I'm not the only one in with a half sister I knew nothing about."